Matching family tree profiles for Rose Tuttle
view all 16
About Rose Tuttle
- The descendants of William and Elizabeth Tuttle, who came from old to New England in 1635, and settled in New Haven in 1639, with numerous biographical notes and sketches : also, some account of the descendants of John Tuttle, of Ipswich; and Henry Tuthill, of Hingham, Mass. (1883)
- 3. John Tuttle, b. 1646; d. June 1720; Capt. of the Dover Military Co.; Judge of Their Majesties' court of Common Pleas, province of New Hampshire; Selectman of Dover, 1686-7-8; Town Clerk from 1691 to 1717; Town Treasurer several years; Mem. of the Provincial Assemby, 1698-9, 1705-6-6. One of the six Dover Commissioners to the N. Hamp. Convention. In 1705 Col. Richard Waldron and Judge Tuttle were the "two provincial mem." of Dover to hear and determine matters relating to Mr. Allen's Claim." He was Chairman of the Board of Public Surveyors of Land; one of the leading members of the chh. at Dover, and with other members of the General Assembly in 1698 subscribed a declaration adversly to transubstantiation, the invocation or adoration of the Virgin Mary or any other Saint, and the Sacrifice of the Mass, as "superstitious and idolatrous." As Capt. of the Dover Co. he had charge of the defenses of the town, and left a large est.; wf. Mary, execx.; Lieut. Tristiam Heard and Capt. Francis Mathews names as trustees for his grandchildren. The hill included in his home farm was ever since been called "Captian's Hill." He gave it to his s. Ebenezer, who sold it to Judge Willett in 1738.
- I. Mary, m. John Wallingford. 1. Ebenezer. 2. John. 3. Dau., m. James Clements; (2) Hon. Thomas Wallingford, for 21 yrs. Judge of the Supreme Court of New Hampshire.
- II. Thomas, b. April 4, 1674; d. in Bay of Campeachy, April 26, 1699.
- III. John.
- IV. Sarah, m. Edward Cloutman.
- V. Elizabeth, m. Samuel, son of Judge Thomas Edgerly. Hon. James H. Edgerly of Rochester, Judge C. C. Pleas, is 5th in descent.
- VI. JAMES, b. April 7, 1662; m. ROSE PINKHAM.
- VII. Ebenezer, g. f. of Hon. Wentworth Tuttle of Maine, Counsellor and Senator.
Rose Tuttle's Timeline
Durham, Strafford, New Hampshire, USA
September 26, 1706
May 14, 1708
May 3, 1725
Dover, Strafford, NH, USA
April 11, 1728
Dover Neck, Strafford, New Hampshire, USA