Matching family tree profiles for Sahid Nackid
About Sahid Nackid
- Name: Mr Sahid Nakid
- Born: 1891
- Age: 20 years
- Last Residence: in Zgharta Lebanon
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2653 , £15 14s 10d
- Destination: Waterbury Connecticut United States
- Rescued (boat C)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 30th December 1926
- Cause of Death: Tuberculosis
- Buried: Calvary Cemetery Waterbury Connecticut United States
Mr Said Nackid, 20, was born in Syria in 1891 the son of Aptone Nakid and Catherine Habib.
Mr Nackid boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with his wife Mary Mowad and 18 month old daughter Mary. They were Third Class Passengers travelling to Waterbury, CT and were rescued in collapsible C.
Tragedy again hit the family soon after the sinking when young Mary Nackid became the first survivor of the Titanic to die. She contracted Meningitis and died on 30 July 1912.
Said and Mary later had another daughter, Catherine, and 4 sons - Thomas, John, Frederick, and Anthony. Said Nackid died of tuberculosis 30 December 1926 at the age of 35.
He was buried at the Calvary Cemetery, Waterbury, Connecticut.
Most records list him as Said Nackid although the death certificate lists him as Sahid and he has also been seen listed as Sahib. Catherine died unmarried on April 14, 1954 at the age of 33. Thomas died unmarried on May 22, 1962 at the age of 49, John married a lady named Catherine (she is still living) - he died on September 7, 1966 at the age of 49; Frederick married Rita Boisvert and died childless on June 9, 1988 at the age of 62 (his wife predeceased him). Anthony, the last surviving sibling of little Mary Nackid, is still living in Waterbury, CT. She has two nephews and a niece still living in the area.
- State of Connecticut - Medical Certificate of Death Death Certificate
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Waika "Mary" Nakid
- Miss Maria Nakid
Sahid Nackid's Timeline
December 30, 1926
Waterbury, New Haven, CT, USA