Historical records matching Samuel "Sam" B. Stringer
About Samuel "Sam" B. Stringer
Partial list of burials at Wilderville Cemetery, Wilderville, Josephine County, Oregon Wilderville Cemetery was founded in 1903, and is still active.
- Stringer, J E, b. 1858, d. 1913, Beloved husband and wife, Buried w/ S.B. Stringer, [JB]
- Stringer, James Calvin, b. 1874, d. 1927, [JB]
- Stringer, John W, b. 1872, d. 1953, Shared marker w/ Nancy Stringer, John and Sam Stringer married sisters, Nancy and Janie Davenport, [JB]
- Stringer, Mary Rebecca, b. (10/31)1878, d. (4/9/1923), Stone says dod is 1922, Death Certificate, [JB]
- Stringer, Nancy, b. 1867, d. 1956, Shared stone w/ John W Stringer, Nancy's sister Janie married Sam Stringer, [JB]
- Stringer, S B, b. 1870, d. 1931, Beloved husband and wife, Buried w/ J.E. Stringer, [JB]
SAM B. STRINGER. Like his brother, Sam B. Stringer is engaged in the hop-raising industry near Grants Pass, where he owns and operates a farm of thirteen and three-quarters acres. He has made a success of hop-raising and is prosperous. He was born in Linn county, Oregon, and remained at home with his parents, William and Sarah (Daniels) Stringer, until he attained the age of twenty-three years, having in the meantime pursued his education in the schools of Josephine county. He then rented a farm and went into business on his own account. After living for a year upon that farm, which was situated in Linn county, he removed to Josephine county and bought the place upon which he has since made his residence. He has carefully improved his property and by industry and wisdom has brought it under a high state of cultivation and has for some time been engaged in hop-raising, in which business he is meeting with excellent success.
In 1893 Mr. Stringer was united in marriage to Miss Janie Davenport, a native of Missouri and a sister of Nancy (Davenport) Stringer, the wife of John W. Stringer. The parents of Mrs. Stringer own a farm of one hundred and sixty acres in the New Hope country, in Josephine county, where they are residing. Mr. Stringer is democratic in his political views but pays little attention , to political matters. He is one of the estimable citizens of his community and is highly regarded by a large number of friends.