Sarah Allen (Partridge)
|Birthplace:||Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Duxbury, Plymouth , Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||East Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA|
Daughter of George Partridge, of Duxbury and Sarah Partridge
|Managed by:||Andrew Vincent Martineau|
Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Allen
About Sarah Allen
Samuel, the eldest son of Samuel Allen Sr., settled in the parish of East Bridgewater as early as 1660. He was one of the original landed proprietors of the town and held many offices of trust and honor from the people. He was town clerk from 1683 to 1702, was a member of the Legislature in 1693, was in many of the battles with the Indians in those times, and once, while on a march to join Capt. Church with twenty of his neighbors, took seventeen prisoners after a desperate conflict. The records of the town still bear witness of his character for accuracy and research.
He was a deacon of the church and bore a good character to his death.
He married Sarah, daughter of George Partridge of Duxbury; She was born in 1639.
1. Samuel Allen, a Deacon, and son of Samuel Allen above named, settled in E. B. as early as 1660, and was the second town clerk, to whom we are much indebted for the fulness and perfection of the records; he m. Sarah, D. of George Partridge of Duxbury; she was born 1639; they had
- Samuel 1660,
- Essiel 1663,
- Mehitabel 1665,
- Sarah 1667,
- Bethiah 1669,
- Nath'l. 1672,
- Ebenezer 1674,
- Josiah 1677,
- Elisha 1679,
- Nehemiah 1681.
- Mehitabel m. Isaac Alden 1685.
- Sarah m. Jonathan Cary, who d. about 1695, and she afterwards m. Benjamin Snow 1705
- Bethiah m. John Pryor.
His will 1703; he d. 1703, æ. 71.
- Sarah Partridge Allen
- Birth: 1639 Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: Aug. 7, 1722 Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA
- Sarah Partridge, eldest child of George Partridge & Sarah Tracy, was b. circa 1639 at Duxbury, Mass. Per Susan Rosseter's 2nd Ed. (1995) of her Mayflower Increasings, Sarah d. Aug. 7, 1722 at Bridgewater, Mass.
- By early 1660, Sarah m. Dea. Samuel Allen, Jr., s. of Samuel Allen & his 1st wife Ann (whose maiden name is unknown), claimed to have been b. Nov. 10, 1632 at Braintree, Mass. However, no proof of the latter date exists. Braintree was incorporated as a distinct town in 1640 and the town's first recorded vital record is June 1643. Samuel d. testate between June 29, 1703 and Dec. 21, 1705 (date of will-date of proof) at Bridgewater, Mass.
- Sarah Partridge and Samuel Allen, Jr. had the following ten children of record at Bridgewater, dau. Mehitable the exception stated to have been b. at Duxbury, Mass.:
- • i. Samuel Allen, 3rd, b. Dec. 4, 1660.
- • ii. Essiel (f) Allen, b. Mar. 1, 1662/3.
- • iii. Mehitable Allen, b. Jan. 20, 1664/5.
- • iv. Sarah Allen, b. Apr. 14, 1667.
- • v. Bethia Allen, b. May 12, 1669.
- • vi. Nathaniel Allen, b. Feb. 10, 1672/3.
- • vii. Ebenezer Allen, b. Oct. 14, 1674.
- • viii. Josiah Allen, b. Apr. 21, 1677.
- • ix. Elisha Allen, b. Feb. 8, 1678/9.
- • x. Nehemiah Allen, b. Jan. 5, 1680/1.
- Revised 5/4/2015
- Family links:
- George Partridge (1617 - 1695)
- Sarah Tracy Partridge (1623 - 1708)
- Samuel Allen (1632 - 1705)*
- Samuel Allen (1660 - 1750)*
- Mehitable Allen Alden (1664 - 1725)*
- Sarah Allen Snow (1667 - ____)*
- Bethiah Allen Pryer (1669 - 1744)*
- Josiah Allen (1677 - 1736)*
- Nehemiah Allen (1681 - 1705)*
- Sarah Partridge Allen (1639 - 1722)
- Tryphosa Tracy Partridge West (1642 - 1701)*
- Elizabeth Partridge Allen (1643 - 1722)*
- Ruth Partridge Thacher (1645 - 1717)*
- Lydia Partridge Brewster (1650 - 1743)*
- Mary Partridge Skiff (1656 - ____)*
- John Partridge (1658 - 1731)*
- James Partridge (1660 - 1744)*
- Burial: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 48126369
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=48126369
- ALLEN, Samuel
- b. 10 NOV 1632 Braintree, Norfolk, Mass.
- d. 1703 Braintree, Norfolk, Mass.
- Marriage: 1658
- Spouse: PARTRIDGE, Sarah
- b. 2 SEP 1639 Duxbury, Plymouth, Mass.
- d. 30 OCT 1717 Duxbury, Plymouth, Mass.
- Father: PARTRIDGE, George
- Mother: TRACY, Sarah
- ALLEN, Nathaniel
- ALLEN, Josiah
- ALLEN, Elisha
- ALLEN, Nehemiah
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_241.htm#5
Sarah Allen's Timeline
September 2, 1639
Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts
December 4, 1660
Bridgewater, Plymouth , Massachusetts
March 1, 1662
Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
January 20, 1664
Duxbury, Plymouth, MA, USA
January 3, 1665
Northampton, Hampshire County , Massachusetts, USA
April 14, 1667
Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
May 12, 1669
Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
February 10, 1672