Sarah Sill (Clark)
|Also Known As:||"Sarah Marvin", "Sarah Clarke"|
|Birthplace:||Milford, New Haven Colony, (Present Connecticut)|
|Death:||Died in Lyme, New London, Connecticut Colony|
Daughter of George Clark, "Jr. - farmer" and Sarah Clark
|Managed by:||Marsha Dana McHugh|
Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Sill Marvin (Clark)
About Sarah Sill Marvin (Clark)
- The story of the memorial in honor of the founders of the town of Milford : erected by their descendants and the citizens of Milford : dedicated August 28th, 1889, the town's 250th anniversary (1889)
- Pg. 15
- No. 18. GEORGE CLARK.
- Obit 1690.
- SARAH his Wife.
- This George was brother to John Clark, of Saybrook, who removed thence to Milford and was made deacon of the first church, and married here the widow of Deacon John Fletcher. His brother Daniel was one of the patentees under the famous charter from Charles II. His only son, John, probably died without issue soon after his father. His daughter, Ruth, married Thomas Fitch, of Norwalk, and her grandson was
- Pg. 16
- Governor Thomas Fitch, of Connecticut. Abigail, his daughter, married Abraham Pierson, first rector of Yale College. Sarah married first, Reynold Marvin, the celebrated Indian fighler, and after his death married Captain Joseph Sill, and from the latter union Lieutenant Governor George Griswold Sill descends.
- Mrs. Evelyn McCurdy Salisbury (wife of Professor Edward E.), a descendant of Reynold Marvin, gives this stone.
- Descendants of Reinold and Matthew Marvin of Hartford, CT., 1638 and 1635
- Pg. 38
- 3 LIEUT. REINOLD,2 son of Reinold1 and Marie Marvin, was christened in St. Mary's Church, Great Bentley, England, 20 Dec., 1631 ; died in Lyme. Ct., 4 Aug., 1676; married about 1662, Sarah, third daughter of George, Jr.,(t) and Sarah (__)
- (t) There were two George Clarks in Milford, who were contemporaries ; the father of Sarah Marvin was known as George Clark, "Jr." He was in Milford in 1639, having come from Much Mundon, in Hertfordshire, Eng. He died in Aug., 1690; his will, printed in full in Family Histories and Genealogies, III: 218 et seq., recorded at Hartford, mentions his Marvin grandchildren. Hannah Clark, a sister of Sarah, m. John Platt, of Norwalk, whose dau. Hannah m. Lieut. Sam'l Marvin, of the Matthew line. See Fam. Hist. etc., as cited, and N. E. Hist. Gen. Reg., Oct., 1900. With the conclusions of the latter we do not agree, where they differ from Fam. Hist. etc.
- Pg. 39
- Clark, baptized 18 Feb, 1643/4, in Milford. Ct. ; by her age as given on her gravestone, she was born about 1642 ; she married (2), 12 Feb, 1677/8, Capt. Joseph Sill, the famous Indian fighter, by whom she had issue. She died in Lyme, 1 Feb, 1715/16, and her grave in the Duck River burying-ground is at the left of those of her two husbands. Its stone has the following inscription : — .....
- Sarah Clark
- F, b. 18 February 1643, d. 1 February 1715/16
- Father George Clark b. c 1615, d. Aug 1690
- Mother Sarah Northrup b. c 1619, d. 19 Jul 1689
- Sarah Clark was christened on 18 February 1643 at Milford, New Haven, CT. She married Lieut. Reinhold Marvin, son of Reinhold Marvin and Mary, on 27 November 1663 at Milford, New Haven, CT. Sarah Clark married (Capt.) Joseph Sill on 12 February 1677/78 at Lyme, CT. Sarah Clark died on 1 February 1715/16 at age 72.
- Family 1 Lieut. Reinhold Marvin b. 20 Dec 1631, d. 4 Aug 1676
- Mary Marvin b. c 1665, d. 16 Oct 1744
- Family 2 (Capt.) Joseph Sill b. 1636, d. 1696
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p49.htm#i1454
- CLARK, Sarah
- b. FEB 1643/4 Milford, New Haven, CT.
- d. 1 FEB 1715/6 Lyme, New London, CT.
- Father: CLARK, George
- Mother: COLEY, Mary
- Marriage: ABT 1662
- Spouse: MARVIN, Reinhold
- b. DEC 1631 England
- d. 4 AUG 1676 Lyme, New London, CT.
- Father: MARVIN, Reinhold
- Mother: Marie,
- MARVIN, John
- MARVIN, Mary
- MARVIN, Reinold
- MARVIN, Samuel
- MARVIN, Sarah
- Marriage: 12 FEB 1677/8
- Spouse: SILL, Joseph
- b. 1636
- d. 6 AUG 1696 Lyme, New London, CT.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_21.htm#292
- Sarah Clark Sill
- Birth: Feb. 18, 1644 North Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, USA
- Death: Feb. 1, 1715 North Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, USA
- Family links:
- Renold Marvin (____ - 1676)
- Joseph Sill (____ - 1696)
- Burial: Duck River Cemetery , Old Lyme, New London County, Connecticut, USA
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=48920866&ref=wvr
Families of Ancient New Haven by Donald Lines Jacobus, pg. 409, 2013
Sarah Sill Marvin (Clark)'s Timeline
February 18, 1642
Milford, New Haven Colony, (Present Connecticut)
Lyme, New London, Connecticut, USA
Lyme, New London Co., CT
Lyme, New London, CT
Lyme, New London, Connecticut, USA
January 6, 1678
Lyme, New London County, Connecticut Colony
June 1, 1682
Lyme, CT, USA
February 1, 1715
Lyme, New London, Connecticut Colony