Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Hatch
About Sarah Hatch
- Sarah Rowley Hatch
- Birth: 1630 Nottinghamshire, England
- Death: Dec. 17, 1710 Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Sarah Rowley, dau. of Henry Rowley and Sarah Palmer, was b. circa 1630 in England. She purportedly d. at Falmouth, Mass. before her husband wrote is will omitting her on 15 Sep 1710, but there is no confirmation of any death date. On Apr. 11, 1646 at Barnstable, Mass., Sarah m. Jonathan Hatch. They had eleven known children.
- Sarah's mother, Sarah (Palmer) Rowley, died prior to Oct. 17, 1633, the date her father married at Plymouth, Mass. to Anne Elsdon (q.v. Helsdon), the widow of Deacon Thomas Blossom, Sr.
- Source: Anderson's Great Migration Study Project.
- Find A Grave contributor Donna & Wayne Cain adds:
- Birth: 11 AUG 1625 in Nottinghamshire, England
- Death: 17 DEC 1710 in Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Information found at http://www.jowest.net/Genealogy/Jo/Hatch/Hatch2.htm
- Family links:
- Henry Rowley (1598 - 1673)
- Sarah Palmer Rowley (1610 - ____)
- Jonathan Hatch (1627 - 1710)
- Mary Hatch Weeks (1648 - 1714)*
- Thomas Hatch (1649 - ____)*
- Joseph Hatch (1654 - 1736)*
- Benjamin Hatch (1656 - 1711)*
- Nathaniel Hatch (1657 - 1705)*
- Samuel Hatch (1659 - 1718)*
- Moses Hatch (1662 - 1747)*
- Sarah Hatch Wing (1664 - 1732)*
- Mercy Hatch Rowley (1665 - 1711)*
- Lydia Hatch (1669 - 1681)*
- Moses Rowley (1627 - 1705)*
- Sarah Rowley Hatch (1630 - 1710)
- Burial: Falmouth Old Burying Ground, Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Find A Grave Memorial# 34355948
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=34355948
- Sarah Rowley
- F, #73133, b. 11 August 1625, d. December 1710
- Father Henry Rowley b. 1598, d. 15 Jul 1673
- Mother Sarah Palmer b. 11 Jun 1609, d. b 17 Oct 1633
- Sarah Rowley was born on 11 August 1625 at Plymouth, Plymouth, MA. She married Jonathan Hatch, son of Thomas Hatch and Grace Lewis, on 11 April 1646 at Barnstable, Barnstable, MA. Sarah Rowley died in December 1710 at Falmouth, Barnstable, MA, at age 85.
- Family Jonathan Hatch b. 7 Sep 1625, d. 10 Dec 1710
- Joseph Hatch+ b. 7 May 1654, d. 16 Feb 1738
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2434.htm#i73133
- Sarah Rowley1
- F, #358135
- Last Edited=19 May 2009
- Sarah Rowley married Jonathan Hatch.1
- Her married name became Hatch.1
- Child of Sarah Rowley and Jonathan Hatch
- Joseph Hatch+1 b. 1654, d. 1737/38
- [S60] Charles and Hugh Brogan Mosley, editor, American Presidential Families (London, U.K.: Alan Sutton and Morris Genealogical Books, 1994), page 473. Hereinafter cited as American Presidential Families.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p35814.htm#i358135
- ROWLEY, Sarah
- Marriage: 11 APR 1646 Barnstable, Barnstable, Mass.
- Spouse: HATCH, Jonathan
- b. ABT 1626
- d. 1710
- HATCH, Mary
- HATCH, Thomas
- HATCH, Jonathan
- HATCH, Joseph
- HATCH, Benjamin
- HATCH, Nathaniel
- HATCH, Samuel
- HATCH, Moses
- HATCH, Sarah
- HATCH, Mercy
- HATCH, Lydia b. 16 MAY 1669 Falmouth, Barnstable, Mass.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_217.htm#1
- Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families By Amos Otis
- .... etc.
- Children of Jonathan Hatch and Sarah Rowley, his wife. Born in Barnstable. (The discrepancies between the Barnstable and Falmouth records are noted.)
- 4. I. Mary, July 16, 1647.
- 5. II. Thomas, Jan. 1, 1649.
- 6. III. Jonathan, May 17, 1652, May 16, 1652.
- 7. IV. Joseph, May 7, 1654, June 10, 1654.
- 8. V. Benjamin, Sept. 7, 1655, June 6, 1656.
- 9. VI. Nathaniel, June 5, 1657, Sept. 3, 1658.
- 10. VII. Samuel, Oct. 11, 1659, Oct. 4, 1660.
- Born in Falmouth.
- 11. VIII. Moses, March 4, 1662, March 4, 1663.
- 12. IX. Sarah, March 21, 1664, March 23, 1665.
- 13. X. Mercy, April 27, 1667.
- 14. XI. Lydia, May 16, 1669.
- (4-1.) Mary, .... etc.
- 8-7. Benjamin Hatch was a farmer. In 1729 he removed to Mansfield, Conn., and died there or in Tolland before the year 1736. He married three wives: 1st Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678, a daughter of James, Jr., of Barnstable. At the time of her marriage she had not completed her sixteenth year. She died early, and he married March 16, 1682, Elizabeth Eddy, who was born at Martha's Vineyard May 3, 1659. In another record her name is written Eliza. She was admitted to the Barnstable church July 14, 1710, and was dismissed to the church in Falmouth the following October, and died soon after. For his third wife he married Feb. 13, 1711-12, Experience, widow of Jabez Davis, of Barnstable. She was a daughter of David Linnell, and died a widow Dec. 1736, aged about 72.
- Children of Benjamin Hatch born in Falmouth:
- 40. I. Abigail, Aug. 4, 1679.
- Pg.470 is not part of this book preview.
- The descendants of Moses and Sarah Kilham Porter of Pawlet, Vermont : with some notice of their ancestors and those of Timothy Hatch, Amy and Lucy Seymour Hatch, Mary Lawrence Porter and Lucretia Bushnell Porter by Lawrence, John Strachan
- Thomas Hatch, the true ancestor of our branch of the Hatch family, emigrated to Boston, Mass. in 1630, or early in 1634. The name of his wife was Grace, She was of Welsh descent. I think it probable her family name was Lewis, though that is uncertain. He was probably born about the year 1603, somewhere in the county of Kent, and probably in the town of Biddenden, near Cranbrook; but possibly at or near Sandwich on the sea coast.
- They had two children, one son and a daughter. They were probably married about 1624, perhaps 1627.
- JONATHAN, the son, was born in England, probably in 1625. Lydia, the daughter, was probably born about 1628. This implies that his wife, Grace, was born about 1604. It is said he was a tailor by trade. They probably lived in some village, possibly Cranbrook, or Sandwich. His wife, it is said, was the daughter of a farmer, and born and brought up on a farm and accustomed to the usual female labor of a farm at that period of time; among other things to assist in the harvesting or field labor in harvest time and was expert at it. Some anecdotes of them are preserved which show this. He was small, slender, and of feeble strength; she was robust strong and healthy.
- Thomas Hatch was admitted a freeman of the colony of Massacliusetts Bay at Boston, May 14, 1634.
- January 17, 1639, he became one of the nine original purchasers of Yarmouth township, Plymouth colony, on Cape Cod; and was admitted a freeman of that colony and removed to that place from Boston.
- The nine proprietors were Anthony Thatcher, John Crome, Marmaduke Matthews, Thomas Hower, Philip Tabor, William Palmer, Samuel Rider, William Lump-
- kin and Thomas Hatch. See records of Plymouth colony, General Conrt, January 7, 1639, O. S. for the record of the grant. Part of these persons probably emigrated in the same ship with him, as they were made freemen at Boston with him.
- In 1640, he became an equal, or joint, proprietor of the township of Barnstable with about twenty-five other men. In June, 1641, he is described as "of Barnstable" in deeds and public records of the colony, and therefore had become a resident of that town. He died there in the year 1661, a respected citizen. He was a member of the Congregational church of that town and probably was a member of that church before leaving England.
- He was a man of considerable pecuniary means. He was a resident freeholder in Dorchester, Mass., May 14, 1634.
- JONATHAN HATCH of Falmouth.
- Jonathan Hatch of Falmouth, son of Thomas and Grace Hatch of Barnstable, was born in England about 1625, and emigrated to America with his parents and resided with them at Boston, Yarmouth and Barnstable. He was of very robust constitution and lived to a great age, it is said near 100 years. He married Sarah Rowley at Barnstable, April 11, 1646.
- They had the following children:
- 1. Mary. (m. Weeks.) b. at Barnstable July 16, 1647.
- 2. Thomas. b. at Barnstable, Jan 1. 1649.
- 3. Jonathan. b. at Barnstable, May 16, 1652.
- 4. Joseph. b. at Barnstable, June 10, 1654.
- 5. BENJAMIN. b. at Barnstable, June 6, 1655.
- 6. Nathaniel. b. at Barnstable, Sept. 3, 1657.
- 7. Samuel. b. at Barnstable, Oct. 4, 1659.
- 8. Moses. b. at Falmouth, March 4, 1663.
- 9. Sarah. (m. Wing.) b. at Falmouth, March 23, 1665.
- 10. Mercy. (m. Rowley. b. at Falmouth, April 27, 1667.
- 11. Lydia. b. at Falmouth, May 16, 1669.
- He was one of the fourteen original purchasers of the township of Falmouth, removed there in 1660, and died there. His son, Moses, was the first child born in that town. He and his sons were large landholders in that town. He died in 1711.
- BENJAMIN HATCH of Falmouth.
- Benjamin Hatch married Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678.
- They had:
- Abigail, born Aug. 4, 1679.
- Mary, born March 3, 1681.
- The first wife died and he married Elizabeth Eddy of Tisbury, March 31, 1682.
- They had:
- Nathaniel, born Feb. 7, 1684.
- Benjamin, born Oct. 17, 1686.
- John, born Feb. 16, 1689.
- Elizabeth, born March 25, 1691.
- Malatiah, born Oct. 4, 1693.
- TIMOTHY, born Oct. 19, 1695.
- Hannah, born May 7, 1698.
- Eddy, born Aug. 2, 1700.
- Solomon, born May 7, 1704.
- All were born at Falmouth.
- Benjamin Hatch was a cordwainer. He was of Harwich in 1729, and bought land in Mansfield, Tolland county, Connecticut, in October of that year and removed to Tolland or Mansfield. His sons, Benjamin lived in Brewster, John in Mansfield, TIMOTHY in Tolland, Eddy in Willington, Solomon in Falmouth and all died in those places, except TIMOTHY, who removed to Kent, Litchfield county, in 1739. I have no information as to the daughter. Benjamin Hatch. Jr., married Sarah Bangs of Brewster, and died there, Feb. 14, 1769, aged eighty-three. Malatiah was lost at sea, probably unmarried.
- The following is taken from minutes kindly furnished me by Mr. Mark B. Hatch (AAEAC), of Ponce, Porto Rico :
- BENJAMIN HATCH, born September 7, 1655 in Falmouth, Mass. (Barnstable record makes birth June 6, 1656;) died before 1736, either at Mansfield, or Tolland, Conn. He married three times; first to Mary Hamblin, who died early; second, to Elizabeth Eddy, March 16, 1682, who was born at Martha's Vineyard, May 3, 1659. She was admitted to the Barnstable church, July 14, 1710, and was dismissed to the church in Falmouth in
- October, and died soon after. His third wife was Experience, widow of Jabez Davis of Barnstable, whom he married Feb. 13, 1711/12.
- FOURTH GENERATION.
- TIMOTHY HATCH, born at Falmouth, October 19, .1695, .... etc.
- The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Volume 42 edited by Richard Henry Greene ....
- .... etc.
- 42. ELIZABETH4 THACHER (Hon. Col. John,3, Antony,2 Rev. Peter1), born at Yarmouth, Mass., June 19th, 1677; died at Falmouth, Mass. (presumably) May 18th, 1710, and was presumably buried there, the existence of her gravestone has never been discovered by me; married at Falmouth, Mass. (is is recorded there) by John Thacher, Justice of the Peace (her father) on October 18th, 1699, to Deacon Moses Hatch (as his second wife). Elizabeth(4) (Thacher) Hatch was admitted to church at Barnstable, August 2nd, 1702, and was dismissed therefrom to church at Falmouth, October 10th, 1708. Deacon Moses Haatch was born at Falmouth, march 4th, 1662-3; he is said to have been the first white child born there; he was admitted to First Church at Barnstable, June 19th, 1698; and was dismissed to church at Falmouth, October 10, 1708, in which latter church he was a first deacon; he was a farmer and a wealthy man of good business ability and a good citizen; he died at Falmouth, May 20th, 1747, in the 85th year of his age, and was buried there in the old burying ground. He was a son of Jonathan and Sarah (Rowley) Hatch, (Savage says Hannah
- Rowley, in which statement he is incorrect) who resided at Falmouth, Mass., having removed there from Barnstable.
- Children: 5 (Hatch), 2 sons and 3 daughters; first child born at Yarmouth, rest born at Falmouth, Mass.
- +108 i. Elizabeth,5 born May 15th, 1701; died October 23rd (or 24th), 1744; married Timothy Hallett.
- +109 ii. Moses,5 born — ; died — ; married, first, Mary Lord; married second — ?
- +110 iii. Rebecca,5 born December 27, 1703; baptized June 18th, 1704; died July 5th 1740; married James Lewis.
- 111 iv. Hannah,5 born May 27th, 1705; baptized October 14th, 1705; died — .
- 112 v. Sylvanus,5 born — ; died — .
- Deacon Moses Hatch gave to Falmouth the land on which the first church was built and which is now a public square ornamented with trees. He married, first, May 9th, 1686, Hepsiba Eddy, of Tisbury, Martha's Vineyard (said to be the younger sister of Elizabeth Eddy, second wife of his brother, Benjamin Hatch); and by her he had the following children (not in Thacher line):
- i. Abiah, born February 1st, 1686-7; died February 13th, 1686-7; buried February 14th, 1696-7.
- ii. M * * * (a son), born February 1st, 1686-7; died February 1st, 1686-7; buried February 2nd, 1686-6.
- iii. Moses, born October 6th, 1688; died October 23rd 1688.
- iv. Hepsiba, born February 15, 1690; died — ; married Benjamin Nye, of Falmouth.
- .... etc.
- The New England Historical & Genealogical Register and ..., Volume 14
- THIS family, descended from Thomas Hatch, who was an immigrant as early as 1633-4; and was made a freeman of Massachusetts Colony, at Boston, May 14, 1634;* was one of the persons "who are proposed to take up their freedom at Yarmouth," Jan. 7, 1638-9; and was a settler in Barnstable, June 1, 1641; where he was a member of the church of Rev. John Lathrop, and died in 1661. His only son, Jonathan Hatch, was one of the purchasers, with Isaac Robinson, and twelve others, of the Plantation of Suckannesset, on Vineyard Sound, now Falmouth, in 1660; .... etc.
- .... Mr Jonathan Hatch resided there until his death. He married Sarah Rowley, at Barnstable, April 11, 1646. His only sister Lydia, married Henry Taylor, .... etc.
- He had 11 children; 7 born in Barnstable, and 4 in Suckannessett;
- * .... etc.
- 8 sons, and 3 daughters, viz.: (2) Mary,2 b. July 16, 1647;—(3) Thomas,2[†] b. Jan. 1, 1649; m. Abigail Codman, at Barnstable, Jan. or Feb. 22, 1679;—(4) Jonathan,2[†] b. May 16-17, 1652; m. at Barnstable, Abigail —— , per Fal. rec. Sept. 4, 1676; or Eliza Walker, per Bar. rec. Dec. 4, 1676;—(5) Joseph,2[†] b. March 7, or June 10, 1654; m. per Fal. rec. Amy Allen, Dec. 7, 1683, per Bar. rec. Mary Allin, Dec. 7, 1689; had 4 sons and 6 daughters; and d. Feb. 16, 1738, ae. 84 at Fal.;—(6) Benjamin,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. Sept. 7, 1655; m. Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678; or, per Fal. rec. b. June 6, 1656; m. Mary Lumber, [Lombard,] June 17, 1678; who d. and he m. a 2d wife in 1682, name unrecorded; and had 6 sons and 4 daus.;—(7) Nathaniel,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. June 5, 1657; per Fal. rec. Sept. 3, 1658; m. ——.;—(8) Samuel,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. Oct. 11, 1659; per Fal. rec. Oct. 4, 1660; m. —— . All the pre. b. at Bar.;—(9) Moses,2 b. per Bar. rec. March 4, 1662; per Fal. rec. March 7, 1663; 1st white child b. in Fal.;—(10) Sarah,2 per Bar. rec. b. March 21, 1664; per Fal. rec. March 23, 1665;—(10) Mark,2 b. April 27, 1667;—(10a) Lydia,2 b. May 16, 1669; all the last 4 in Suckannesset.
- .... etc.
- 4. JONATHAN2 HATCH had, (13) Jonathan,3[†] b. Jan. 5, 1678; m. Bethia —— , Sept. 1703;—(14) Sarah,3 b. May 17, 1682;—(15) Mary,3 b. June 24, 1684; —(16) Nathan,3 b. 1693;—(17) Ebenezer,3 b. Nov. 29, 1696.
- 5. JOSEPH2 HATCH .... etc.
Sarah Hatch (Rowley)
Source: Internet research by Mark Hatch (descendant).
- Marriage: (11 Apr 1646 — Age: 20) Barnstable, Barnstable, MA
- Updated from Ancestry Genealogy via son Benjamin Hatch by SmartCopy: May 29 2015, 5:34:27 UTC
Sarah Hatch's Timeline
August 11, 1625
Plymouth, Plymouth Colony
July 16, 1647
Barnstable, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
January 1, 1648
Barnstable, Barnstable, Massachusetts, USA
May 17, 1652
Barnstable, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony
May 7, 1654
Falmouth, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
September 7, 1655
Falmouth, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony
June 5, 1657
Barnstable, Barnstable, MA
October 11, 1659
Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts
March 4, 1661
Falmouth, Cape Cod (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)