Sarah Beall (Pearce)
|Birthplace:||Calvert, Maryland, USA|
|Death:||Died in Prince George's, Maryland, USA|
Daughter of John Pearce; John Pearce and Sarah Coombs
|Managed by:||Bernard Raimond Assaf|
About Sarah Beall
- Sarah Pearce Beall
- Birth: 1677
- Death: Nov. 28, 1761 Prince George's County, Maryland, USA
- Family links:
- James William Beall (1652 - 1725)*
- Margaret Beall Odell (1694 - 1755)*
- Burial: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 119956728
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=119956728
- Maryland and Virginia Colonials: Genealogies of Some Colonial Families ... By Sharon J. Doliante
- DR. JOHN PEERCE, SR., was likely b. in the first quarter of the 17th century, in England; d. bet. Apr. 14 and May 9, 1679 (dates of the writing and of the proving of his will), Calvert Co., Md. The only record we have of any wife of his, was when on Nov. 27, 1678, only four months before his death, he proved his right to 100 a. of land "for Sarah his wife's transporting her Selfe and Mary Gore into the province to inhabit", but Sarah was surely deceased by the following Apr. 14, when he wrote his will, making no mention of a wife.
- .... etc.
- Issue of Dr. John Peerce, Sr.:
- I. John Peerce, Jr. (q.v.)
- II. Martha Peerce
- I. John Peerce, Jr. was probably born C1650 to 1655, and very likely in England; d. aft. June, 1687 and bef. Mar. 1700/1; m. possibly C1676, Calvert Co., Md., Sarah Sprigg, dau. of Thomas and Kathryne (Graves)-Roper Sprigg, Sr. She was probably b. C1658 to 1660, in Md.; d. bef. Nov. 25, 1736, Pr. Geo's Co., Md. She m. (2) aft. 1704, Enoch Combs, who d. bef. Mar. 9, 1726/7, Pr. Geo's Co.
- .... etc.
- Issue of John and Sarah (Sprigg) Peerce, Jr.:
- (I.) Sarah Peerce, b. C1677, Calvert Co., Md.; d. bef. Nov. 28, 1761, Pr. Geo's Co., Md.; m. C1693 [Beall, op. cit., p. 149] James Be[a]ll, Sr., son of Alexander and Margaret (Ramsey) Bell, of St. Andrew's, Scotland. he was bapt. Feb. 5, 1652/3, St. Andrew's Church, Fife Co., Scotland; d. bef. Feb. 10, 1725/6, pr. Geo's Co., Md. After his decease, she m. (2) bef. Nov. 1726, Dr. John Haswell, who also pre-deceased her, dying testate, bef. Apr. 11, 1750, pr. Geo's Co., and by whom she had no issue. Issue of James and Sarah (Peerce) Beall, Sr., will be found (subpa) under the Neall family.
- (II.) John Peerce (or, Pearce), III, may have been a couple of years younger than his sister, and therefore probably b. C1679, Calvert Co., Md.; d. intestate, 1766, Pr. Geo's Co., Md. [Ref: Mareen Duvall of Middle Plantation, by Newman, p. 106.] m. (1) probably C1701, but judging from the ages of his known children, we think he must have been twice married, with most or all of the children by the (2) marriage, presumably to Mary (Evans) dau. of John & Elizabeth Evans. Her father's will, Cotton, op. cit., vol. 2, p. 216. She signed as a witness to the 1727 deed to him from his mother, supra. (NOTE: the phraseology of the deed of gift from John's grandfather, Thomas Sprigg, Sr., to John's mother and himself, supra, in Mar., 1700-01, indicated that John was not then married, I.E., " ... for his feuture advantage & preferment in Marriage ..."- - but was bout to be, i.e., " ... John Pearce ye Only Sone of ye Said Sarah Pearce & his wife for and fureing her Naturall life or the Longer Liver ..."]
- .... etc.
Profile name should be:
- =Sarah Beall (born Pearce)=
- MyHeritage Family Trees
- Prater Web Site, managed by Wendell Jean Prater
- Birth: 1680 - Prince Georges, Maryland
- Death: 1722 - Prince George Co, Maryland
- Parents: John Peerce, Sarah Sprigg
- Sibling: <Private> Pearce
- Husband: James Beall
- Husband: John Haswell
- Children: John Beall, Margaret O'dell (born Beall), John Beall, Sarah Beall, James Beall, Nathaniel Beall, Robert Beall, Joseph Beall, Zephaniah Beall, Zepheniah Beall, James Beall, Mary Odell (born Beall)
One is claiming Margaret is daughter of VI. Jane, m. Col. Archibald EDMONSTON, d. 1733, who emigrated to Maryland circa 1680-83 and settled in Prince George's Co.
- 1. Captain James EDMONSTON, b. 1669; d. 1753; one of the Judges of Prince George's Co., 1741-51; m. Mary BEALL, dau. of Ninian BEALL, Jr.
- 2. Mary EDMONSTON, m. James BEALL, Jr., son of James BEALL, Sr.
- 3. Archibald EDMONSTON, d. 1779; m. Dorothy BROOKE, b. 1709, dau. of Roger and Elizabeth (HUTCHINS) BROOKE. (See BROOKE, Col. Fam. 1907.)
- 4. Elinor EDMONSTON, m. Edward OFFUTT.
- 5. Jane EDMONSTON, b. 1693; d. 1750; m. William SMITH, Esq., of Prince George's Co., Md.
- 6. Ninian EDMONSTON, d. yng.
- 7. Ruth EDMONSTON, m. 14th Mar. 1720, Rev. John ORME of Prince George's Co., Md. (See ORME.)
- 8. Martha EDMONSTON, m. Thomas ALLEN.
- 9. Thomas EDMONSTON, m. Ruth OFFUTT
BUT there is no MARGARET listed amoung the children of Alexander - Only a Mary who married James Beall Jr. and Martha