About Sarah Powell
From Descendants of John Floyd:
13. SARAH5 FLOYD (WILLIAM4, JOHN3, CHARLES2, JOHN1) 
- was born 15 October 1747 in Albemarle/Amherst Co., VA, and
- died Aft. 1824 .
- She married WIATT POWELL  1768 , son of RICHARD POWELL and ELIZABETH. He was born 1747 in prob. Amherst Co., VA , and died 1818 .
Notes for SARAH FLOYD:
Alex found this information on the Web at http://kentuckyexplorer.com/nonmembers/00-06068.html
"Floyd-Powell: Wyatt Powell, living somewhere in Virginia, married in 1768, Sallie Floyd, eldest child of William Floyd and Abediah Davis. She was born in Amherst County, Virginia, October 15, 1747. Wyatt and Sallie Floyd Powell had a daughter, Nancy F. Powell, born 1771, married March 1, 1792, Dr. Robert Walker; and their children were: Thomas Walker and Sallie Walker. The other children of Wyatt and Sallie Floyd Powell were: Cornelius, Richard, Rhoda, Mona Elizabeth, Addison Burton, Dr. James, and Sarah Wyatt Powell. Sallie Wyatt, born 1781, the youngest child, married March 30, 1830, Capt. John Coleman, of Caroline County, Virginia.
"There was a Wyatt family living in King and Queen County, and probably later in Caroline. The fact that Sallie Wyatt Powell married a Coleman from Caroline County might mean that the Powells may also have lived in Caroline. Because of the marriage of Nancy F. Powell to Dr. Robert Walker, it is believed that Wyatt Powell was a relative of Ambrose Powell, who accompanied Dr. Thomas Walker to Kentucky in 1754."
Notes for WIATT POWELL:
Anna Cartlidge says they lived in Amherst until about 1796 when they moved to Lynchburg, Campbell Co., Va. His will is recorded in Amherst Co., Book 6, p. 13, Sept. 21 1818. The name is usually "Wiatt."
Alex Luken sent this note in June 2006:
"Wiatt Powell, married Sarah Floyd. Floyd-Powell: Wyatt Powell was the son of Richard Powell, Sr., whose will is in Amherst County Will Book 1, page 257. In this will, dated January 25, 1766, proved August 4, 1774, he leaves his son, Wyatt, 400 acres on Thresher's Creek in Amherst County. This land Richard had patented in 1730 (State Land Office Book 30, page 34). Besides Wyatt, Richard had Edmund, named first in the will; Thomas; John, who predeceased his father; Richard; Winifred; Rhoda, under 14 at the making of her father's will; and Clara (1739 - February 22, 1825), who married Capt. David Woodroof. The first name of Richard's wife was Elizabeth."
Children of SARAH FLOYD and WIATT POWELL are:
- 1. i. JOHN FLOYD6 POWELL ,
- b. 1769.
- Notes for JOHN FLOYD POWELL: unmarried.
- b. 1769.
- 2. ii. NANCY FLOYD POWELL,
- b. 1771 ;
- m. DR. ROBERT WALKER , 30 March 1792, Amherst Co., VA;
- b. Abt. 1770;
- d. 1824, Amherst Co., VA.
- 3. 24. iii. CORNELIUS POWELL,
- b. Abt. 1773, Campbell Co., VA.
- 4. iv. RICHARD POWELL ,
- b. 07 May 1775, Amherst Co., VA ;
- d. 1814, Amherst Co., VA.
- Notes for RICHARD POWELL: He died without wife or children.
- 5. v. RHODA POWELL,
- b. 15 April 1777 ;
- m. JAMES MURRAY BROWN;
- b. Abt. 1776 .
- 6. 25. vi. MARIA ELIZABETH POWELL,
- b. 1779;
- d. Abt. 1835.
- 7. 26. vii. DR. JAMES POWELL,
- b. 08 April 1782, Amherst Co., VA.
- 8. 27. viii. SARAH WYATT POWELL,
- b. 1785, VA.
- 76. Anna Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966, citing Charles Floyd bible.
- 77. Anna M. Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966..
- 78. Anna Cartlidge, 1966, op. cit..
- 79. Anna Cartlidge, op. cit..
- 80. Anna Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966, citing Charles Floyd bible.
- 81. Anna M. Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966..
- 82. Elton Powell, <LevonElton@netscape.net> kindly sent his Powells, August, 2002, see notes under Cornelius Powell.
- 83. Anna Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966, citing Charles Floyd bible.
- 84. Anna M. Cartlidge in her unpublished work on the Floyds, 1966..
Sarah Powell's Timeline
October 15, 1747
Albemarle County, Province of Virginia
Campbell County, Province of Virginia
May 7, 1775
Amherst County, Province of Virginia
April 15, 1777
April 8, 1782
Amherst County, Virginia, United States