Sarah Godbertz (Allerton)
|Also Known As:||"Sarah (Allerton) Vincent", "Priest", "Sarah (Allerton) Vincent and Zarah Godbertson"|
|Birthplace:||North St. Andrew's Parish, London, Middlesex, England|
|Death:||Died in Plymouth, Plymouth , Massachusetts|
|Cause of death:||The body was lost or destroyed. No specific burial.|
|Place of Burial:||Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States|
Daughter of Edward Allerton and Rose Allerton
|Managed by:||Daniel Robert May|
Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Godbertz
About Sarah Godbertz
The widow Sarah Vincent (Allerton), was wife of Degory Priest, Mayflower passenger in 1620. Degory died that first winter but Sarah remarried and brought her two daughters by Degory over to Plymouth Colony in 1623. She also had a son by her third husband.
Sarah and her three children arrived in America aboard the Anne in 1623. Sarah was the sister of Isaac Allerton who was on "The Mayflower" along with her husband Degory.
Born: 1588, London, London, England and Died: 1633, Plymouth, Plymouth, MA. Buried: 24 Oct 1633, Plymouth, Plymouth, MA
- Marriage (1): John Vincent about 1608 in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
- Marriage (2): Degory Priest on 4 Nov 1611 in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
- Marriage (3): Cuthbert Cuthbertson on 16 Nov 1621 in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands, (aka Godbert Godbertson.)
- Mary Priest b. About 1613 at Leiden, Holland; m. ~1630 to Phineas Pratt at Plymouth, Plymouth, MA d about 1686
- Sarah Priest b. ~1615 at Leiden, Holland; m. ~1631 to John Coombs at Plymouth, Plymouth MA; d. >Aug. 1, 1648
- Samuel Godbertson born 1622 at Leiden, Holland
- Alt. Birth, Abt 1587, of Newbury, Berkshire, England.
- Alt. Birth: N. Andrew Par., Undershaft, London, England
Sarah Allerton married three times:
1.) John Vincent, marriage date and place are not known; (he died before 1611.) Children by her first marriage are not known.
2.) Degory Priest, married in Leyden, Holland, Nov. 4, 1611. Degory died: Plymouth, Massachusetts Colony, January 1, 1620/1. Sarah had two daughters by Degory Priest: Mary, (Marra,) born: circa 1613, and Sarah, born: circa 1615. Both daughters were born in Leyden, Holland.
3. ) Godbert Godertson, (aka. Cuthbert Cuthbertson,) married in Leyden, Holland, November 13, 1621. Godbaertson was the father of her son, Samuel; judging by the date of marriage, Samuel was born after: June 1622.
She was the sister of Mayflower passenger Isaac Allerton.
Source: Mayflower Families Vol. 8, Silver Edition, 1994
Sarah Godbertz's Timeline
London, Middlesex, England
October 16, 1608
Alton, Wiltshire , England
November 4, 1611
Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Leiden, Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
October 24, 1633
Plymouth, Plymouth , Massachusetts
October 24, 1633
Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States