Sarah Towne (Gary)
|Birthplace:||Pomfret, Windham, Connecticut|
|Death:||Died in Oxford, Massachusetts|
|Managed by:||Scott David Hibbard|
Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Towne
About Sarah Towne
Sarah (Gary) Towne was born on January 12, 1700/1 in Pomfret, Windham County, Connecticut. She was the second child and first daughter of William Gary, a wealthy farmer and landowner, and his wife Susanna.
On April 21, 1733, Sarah married David Towne in Killingly, Windham County, Connecticut. She was his second wife; even though she was in her thirties, no prior marriage for her is recorded. With David, Sarah had two children:
- David Towne: b. July 15, 1734 in Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts - d. January 1792 in Hebron, Washington County, New York
- Susannah Towne: b. August 30, 1736 - d. April 9, 1737
Sarah died in Oxford, Massachusetts on June 24, 1737. David married twice again after her death.
- Bowen, Clarence Winthrop. The History of Woodstock, Connecticut. Norwood, Mass.: Plimpton Press, 1943.
- Brainerd, Lawrence. Gary Genealogy: The Descendants of Arthur Gary of Roxbury, Massachusetts. Boston: T. R. Marvin & Son, 1918.
- New England Historical & Genealogical Register, 1867, vol. xxi.