Matching family tree profiles for Sebastian Y Cortes
About Sebastian Y Cortes
- View Tree for Sebastian y CortezSebastian y Cortez (b. 1550, d. Aft. 1586)
- Sebastian y Cortez was born 1550 in Navarre Spain, and died Aft. 1586 in Kortrijk, West Flanders,
- Spanish Netherlands. He married Unknown Castillo.
- Includes NotesNotes for Sebastian y Cortez:
- Source: Calvin Owens Owen & Related Families Database
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/ cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=calowen&id=I19488 Note: Cortes' family were followers of John Calvin and his religion. During the Spanish Inquisition they left Spain due to persecution by the Spanish soldiers who were backed by the Spanish Catholic Church. He fled to West Flanders for about a generation and then into Holland proper as Spanish soldiers approached Belgium.
More About Sebastian y Cortez===:
- Emigration: September 24, 1579, Nuestra Senora De La Asuncian, Fustinana, Navarre, Spain.
- Record Change: February 14, 2003
- Children of Sebastian y Cortez and Unknown Castillo are:
- +Sabastian Von Kortryck, b. 1586, Kortrijk, West Flanders, Spanish Netherlands, Belgium, d. date unknown.
- This information is unverified. It was found online at
Sebastian Y Cortes was born Abt. 1550 in Navarre region of Spain, and died date unknown.
Includes NotesNotes for Sebastian Y Cortes:
Cortes' family were followers of John Calvin and his religion. During the
Spanish Inquisition they left Spain due to persecution by the Spanish
soldiers who were perhaps backed by the Catholic Church in Spain. He fled
to West Flanders for about a generation and then into Holland proper as
the Spanish soldiers approached Belgium
More About Sebastian Y Cortes:
Immigration: 1615, Kortryk, West Flanders, Belgium.
Children of Sebastian Y Cortes are:
1. +Bastian Van Kortryk, b. 1586, Kortryk, West Flanders, Belgium, d. date unknown, Leerdam, Holland.
1. 53. Data furnished by Gordon L. Courtright, Lakewood, CO.