Serlo de Burci, Sire de Burci and Blagdon
|Death:||Died in Blagdon,Axbridge,Somerset,England|
|Occupation:||SELO DE BRUCI SIRLO 1035 ALT B|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Serlo de Burci, Sire de Burci and Blagdon
Feudal baron of Blagdon in Somerset in Domesday period. Parentage Unknown. His heir was his daughter Geva.
Serlo de Burci From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serlo_de_Burci
Serlon de Burci was a Norman of the eleventh century. After the Norman conquest of England, he became a feudal baron and major landowner in south-west England. His feudal barony had as its caput the manor of Blagdon in Somerset. He is recorded in the Domesday Survey of 1086.
He is thought to have originated in Burcy, Calvados.
His daughter and heiress Geva married twice, her second husband being William de Falaise. Robert FitzMartin was her son by her first marriage.
- High Ham | British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/som/vol8/pp70-91
- Sanders, I., English Baronies, Oxford, 1960, p.15, Blagdon
- Domesday Book Online http://www.domesdaybook.co.uk/landowners.html
- The Domesday Book Online - Landowners D-F
- Martin/Fitz Martin http://www.geneajourney.com/martin.html
Serlo de Burci, Sire de Burci and Blagdon's Timeline