Thomas Rogers, Esq.
|Birthplace:||Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England|
|Occupation:||Sergeant at Law|
|Managed by:||Erica "the Disconnectrix" Howton|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Rogers, Esq.
About Thomas Rogers, Esq.
- History and Genealogy of the Mayflower Planters By Leon C. Hills, Leon Clark Hills Pg.130
- Gen.1 John Fitz Roger, b. abt. 1335 Eng. m. 1385/6 Elizabeth, b. 1330, dau. of Sir Symon de Furneaux of Ashington, wid. of Sir John Blount. She was a very wealthy heiress, sole heir of her father and of the 9th gen. in direct line from Odo de Fornell b. abt. 1040 in Normandy who came to Eng. with the Conqueror.
- Gen.2 Sir John Fitz Roger, Knt. b. abt. 1386/7.
- Gen.3 Thomas Rogers Gent, b. 1408 at Ashington, Somerset, in a Furneaux mansion. m. 1st abt. 1433/4 and had Thomas; m. 2nd late in life.
- Gen.4 Thomas Rogers Sergeant at Law Esq., b. 1435 probably at Benham Valence, a Furneaux mansion, d. at Bradford on the Avon, Wilts 1489. He was buried there. He was a man of influence, but of small means. m. 1st 1479 Cecilia Besill of Bradford, and had son William; m. 2nd 1483 Catherine de Courtney dau. of Sir Philip de Courtney, and had sons George and John Rogers. Catherine de Courtney is the 8th gen. in direct line from Edward I, King of England, through the de Courtneys, de Bohuns, ect., and from Edward I is in direct line to King Alfred. The Historian Gibson states that the house of Courtney is "one of the most illustrious races among the English nobility".
- Gen.5 John Rogers, of Deritend, b. 1485 at "Bradford," m. Margaret Wyatt abt. 1505/6 dau. of Sir Henry Wyatt of Abington Castle. Sir Henry was quite prominent at the Courts of Henry VII and VIII. The Sir Thomas Wyatt who led the uprising against the marriage of Queen Mary to Philip of Spain, and paid the penalty by losing his head, was a nephew. They made their home at "Deritend" in the parish of Aston, Warwick Co. They had children---
- Rev. John, b. 1507 at Deritend
- Eleanor, m. Robert Mylward
- Thomas Rogers, Gent., Justice of the Peace for Wiltshire, Burgess of Marlborough1,2,3,4,5
- M, #24664, b. 1435, d. between 10 July 1478 and 12 October 1479
- Father Thomas Roger b. 1408, d. 1471
- Thomas Rogers, Gent., Justice of the Peace for Wiltshire, Burgess of Marlborough was born in 1435 at of Benham, Valence, Kent, England. He married Katherine Courtenay, daughter of Sir Philip Courtenay, Forester of Dartmoor and Elizabeth Hungerford, after 31 May 1471; They had 1 son (George, Esq.).6,2,3,5 Thomas Rogers, Gent., Justice of the Peace for Wiltshire, Burgess of Marlborough died between 10 July 1478 and 12 October 1479 at Bradford, Wiltshire, England.6,3,5
- Family Katherine Courtenay b. c 1440, d. 12 Jan 1515
- 1.[S2750] Unknown author, Ahnentafel Charts from Douglas Scott Robertson.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 31.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 395-396.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 403.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 424-425.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 595.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p821.htm#i24664
- Catherine COURTENAY
- Born: ABT 1438
- Died: 12 Jan 1515, Shillingford, Devonshire, England
- Father: Phillip COURTENAY of Powderham and Molland (Sir)
- Mother: Elizabeth HUNGERFORD
- Married 1: St. Clare POMEROY (Sir Knight) (d. 31 May 1471) (son of Henry De La Pomeroy and Alice Raleigh)
- Married 2: William HUDDESFIELD (Sir) ABT 1477
- 1. Elizabeth HUDDESFIELD ( b. ABT 1479) (m. Sir Anthony Poyntz)
- Married 3: Thomas ROGERS
- 2. Thomas (John) ROGERS
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/COURTENAY2.htm#Catherine COURTENAY1
Baptism: 1435 Benham, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
Baptism: 1435 Occupation: M. Abt 1483 Marriage: Marriage to: Cecilia Besyll (Bessils) Circa 1454
Bradford, Wiltshire, England
Marriage: Marriage to: Catherine De Courtenay (Pomeroy-Rogers-Huddesfield) Circa Feb 1483 Marriage: Marriage to: Margaret Wyatt Rogers Circa 1505
Thomas Rogers, Esq.'s Timeline
Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England
Benham, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England, (Present UK)
Luppitt, Devon, England
Sutton, Kent, England
Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England