Sir David Burnett Dundas
Son of Sir Robert Dundas, 1st Baronet of Beechwood and Matilda Cockburn
|Managed by:||Douglas John Nimmo|
Historical records matching Sir David Dundas, 2nd Baronet of Beechwood
About Sir David Dundas, 2nd Baronet of Beechwood
Dundas of Beechwood, Sir David, Bart. 28/08/1803-30/03/1877. Ref: 463. Male.
- Titles and British Honours: 2nd Baronet of Beechwood (1835), DL Perthshire.
- Profession: Advocate, Landowner, Agricultural Improver.
- Appointments Held: Advocate 1824; Gentleman Improver of his estate at Dunira, Perthshire.
- Publications: "On the potato disease, crop 1845" Transactions of The Highland & Agricultural Society series III, vol 2, 539.
- Marital Status: Married 1st (1841) Catherine Whyte Melville d.1856 2nd (1858) Lady Lucy Ann Pelham d.1901.
- Mother: Matilda Cockburn d.1842.
- Father: Robert Dundas,1st Baronet of Beechwood, FRSE 1761-1835.
- References: Proc Roy Soc Edinb, 9, 1875-8, 508; F J Grant 1944.
- Memberships: Highland Society(1828).
- Date of Election: 03/02/1851.
- Proposers: John Cockburn, 26/11/1850, (ms Proposal NLS Acc 10,000/47).
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002, pt. 1. A-J, page 276