Edward Hastings, Kt.
|Also Known As:||"Baron Edward /Hastings/"|
|Birthplace:||Fenwick, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Marshalsea,Southwark,London,England|
Son of Sir Hugh de Hastings III and Anne le Despencer
|Managed by:||Geoffrey David Trowbridge|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir Edward de Hastings
About Sir Edward de Hastings
- 'Sir Edward Hastings, Baron Hastings1,2,3,4
- 'M, b. 21 May 1382, d. 6 January 1438
- Father Sir Hugh Hastings2,5 b. c 1356, d. 6 Nov 1386
- Mother Anne le Despenser2,5 d. 30 Oct 1426 or 31 Oct 1426
- ' Sir Edward Hastings, Baron Hastings was born on 21 May 1382 at Fenwick, Yorkshire, England; Age 44 in 1427. Christened on the same day at Campsale.2,4 A contract for the marriage of Sir Edward Hastings, Baron Hastings and Muriel Dinham was signed on 20 February 1406; They had 1 son, John, Esq.6,7,2,3,4 Sir Edward Hastings, Baron Hastings married Margery Clifton, daughter of Sir Robert Clifton and Alice, before 1 July 1427; Date of letter of attorney. They had 1 daughter (Margaret, wife of Sir Gilbert Debenham).6,2,4 Sir Edward Hastings, Baron Hastings left a will on 4 July 1437.4 He died on 6 January 1438 at age 55.2,4
- 'Family 1 Muriel Dinham b. 1390, d. b 1 Jul 1427
- ◦John Hastings, Esq., Lord Hastings, Sheriff of Norwich, Constable of Norwich Castle & gaol+2,4 b. c 1412, d. 9 Apr 1477
- 'Family 2 Margery Clifton b. c 1410, d. 1456
- 1.[S9917] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 358-360; Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 98.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 289.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 87.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 116.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 115.
- 6.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 358-360.
- 7.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 274-275.
- 'Sir Edward Hastings1
- 'M, #302151, b. 21 May 1382, d. 6 January 1437/38
- Last Edited=6 Nov 2008
- Consanguinity Index=0.44%
- ' Sir Edward Hastings was baptised on 21 May 1382.1 He married, firstly, Muriel de Dinham, daughter of Sir John de Dinham.1 He married, secondly, Margery Clifton, daughter of Sir Roger Clifton.1 He died on 6 January 1437/38 at age 55.1
- ' He was the son of Sir Hugh Hastings and Anne le Despenser.1 He succeeded to the title of 8th Lord Hastings [E., 1295] on 2 November 1396, de jure.1 He was invested as a Knight before 6 November 1399.1 In 1403 he was imprisoned in the Tower of London, possibly for an involvement in Hotspur's rebellion.1 In 1413 he was again imprisoned in the Tower of London.1 Circa 1417 he was imprisoned in Marshalsea, for debt, after refusing to pay costs for his heraldry lawsuit.1 In 1421 he lost a judgement in the Court of Chivalry to the right to wear the arms of the feudal Lord Abergavenny (against Reynold Grey, 3rd Lord Grey of Ruthin).1
- 'Child of Sir Edward Hastings and Muriel de Dinham
- 1.John Hastings+1 b. 1410, d. 9 Apr 1477
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1817. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 'Edward HASTINGS (8° B. Hastings)
- 'Born: 21 May 1382
- 'Died: 6 Jan 1437/1438
- Father: Hugh HASTINGS of Elsing (Sir)
- Mother: Anne DESPENCER
- 'Married 1: Muriel DYNHAM (b. ABT 1362 - d. 1456) (dau. of John Dynham and Muriel Courtenay)
- 1. John HASTINGS (9° B. Hastings)
- 'Married 2: Marjorie CLIFTON
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HASTINGS1.htm#Edward HASTINGS (8° B. Hastings)
Sir Edward de Hastings's Timeline
May 21, 1382
Fenwick, Yorkshire, England
May 21, 1382
St. Mary in the Fields, Campsall, Yorkshire, England
January 6, 1411
Elsing, Yorkshire, England
January 6, 1437