Sir George Darrell, Kt.
|Also Known As:||"Darrel"|
|Birthplace:||Littlecote, Wiltshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Littlecote Park, Somerset, England|
Son of William Darell and Elizabeth Darell
|Managed by:||Kyle Dane|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir George Darrell, Kt., of Littlecote
About Sir George Darrell, Kt., of Littlecote
- Sir George Darrell, Sheriff of Wiltshire, Somersetshire, & Dorsetshire1,2
- M, #73128, b. circa 1419, d. March 1474
- Father Sir William Darrell, Sheriff of Wiltshire d. Mar 1461
- Mother Elizabeth Calston d. 8 Jan 1464
- Sir George Darrell, Sheriff of Wiltshire, Somersetshire, & Dorsetshire was born circa 1419 at of Littlecote, Wiltshire, England. He married Margaret Stourton, daughter of Sir John Stourton, 1st Lord Stourton, Sheriff of Wiltshire & Gloucestershire and Margery Wadham, circa 1452.1,2 Sir George Darrell, Sheriff of Wiltshire, Somersetshire, & Dorsetshire married Joan Haute, daughter of William Haute, Esq., Sheriff of Kent and Joan Wydville, circa 1465 at of Shelvingborne, Kent, England. Sir George Darrell, Sheriff of Wiltshire, Somersetshire, & Dorsetshire died in March 1474.
- Family 1 Margaret Stourton b. c 1432
- Elizabeth Darrell+3,1,2 b. c 1454, d. c 1479
- Margery Darell+4 b. c 1462
- Family 2 Joan Haute b. c 1436, d. a 8 Jan 1474
- Edward Darrell+ b. c 1471, d. 9 Mar 1529
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 109-110.
- 2.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 615.
- 3.[S11575] The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, by Gerald Paget, Vol. I, p. 92.
- 4.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2434.htm#i73128
- Margaret STOURTON
- Born: 1433, Witham, Somersetshire, England
- Father: John STOURTON (1° B. Stourton of Stourton)
- Mother: Margery WADHAM
- Married: George DARELL (Sir Knight) (son of William Darrell, Esq. and Elizabeth Calston) (w. of Joan Hawte) ABT 1451, Stourton, Wiltshire, England
- 1. Margery DARELL (m. Thomas Long)
- 2. Elizabeth DARELL (m. John Seymour)
- 3. Anne DARELL
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/STOURTON.htm#Margaret STOURTON4
- Sir George Darell
- M, #3333, d. circa 1474
- Last Edited=19 Jan 2003
- Sir George Darell died circa 1474.
- He lived.
- Child of Sir George Darell and Margaret Stourton
- 1.Elizabeth Darell+
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p334.htm#i3333
- Sir George Darrell1
- M, #193110
- Last Edited=24 May 2006
- Child of Sir George Darrell and Margaret Stourton
- 1.Margery Darrell+1
- 1.[S1381] Cheryl Nicol, "re: Long Family," e-mail message to Darryl Lundy, 5 July 2005 to 14 May 2006. Hereinafter cited as "re: Long Family."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p19311.htm#i193110
- History of the noble house of Stourton, of Stourton, in the county of Wilts; (1899)
- The Right Honourable Sir John Stourton, knight, P.C., Treasurer of the Royal Household, created Baron and Lord Stourton, of Stourton, Co. Wilts., in the Peerage of England, only son and heir of Sir William Stourton, knight, Speaker of the House of Commons, knight in Parliament for the shires of Somerset, Wilts., and Dorset, and Lord of Stourton, Co. Wilts., Great Easton, Co. Essex, Sopley, Co. Hants and of several other Manors, by Elizabeth, his wife, daughter and coheir (or sole heir) of Sir John Moigne, knight, by Catherine (Belvale,) his wife. He was born in 1399 and was aged 14 years on the death of his father in 1413. .... etc.
- Lord Stourton, by Margery, his only wife (who was under age in 1411), daughter of Sir John Wadham,(*) knight, of Merefield, Co. Somerset, one of the Puisne Justices of the Court of Common Pleas, 1388-1397, by Joan Wrottesley, his wife, had issue :(f)
- i. — The Right Honourable William, Lord Stourton, who succeeded his father as the 2nd Baron and Lord Stourton of Stourton, Co. Wilts, .... etc.
- v. — Margaret Stourton, married Sir George Darell, of Littlecote, Co. Wilts, knight. Sheriff of Wilts 33 Henry VI., and 1, 5 and 9 Edward IV. Heir of his mother, Elizabeth Darell, wife of William Darell, Esquire, and daughter of Thomas Calston, Esquire, of Littlecote, and thus acquired that estate, which was sold by his descendant to Sir John Popham. His mother died 18th June, 4 Edward IV., seised of Podriggebury Manor, then held of Elizabeth Venour, as of her Manor of Westbury in Offeley, Sir George Darell being then 36 years and upwards, and seised in fee thereof, which he granted by charter 14th February, 13 Edward IV., to Thomas, Cardinal Archbishop of Canterbury, and others, in fee simple, and died on Monday before the Feast of the Annunciation of the blessed Virgin Mary then last. With his brother-in-law, Sir Reginald Stourton, he was appointed by the king on the 20th October, 1462, a commissioner to array and muster the king's liege subjects of Co. Wilts, in consequence of notice having then been received of an intended invasion by the Scots and French at the instigation of the great rebels of his kingdom. Sir George Darell was keeper of the great wardrobe to King Edward IV. Their daughter :—
- Elizabeth Darell, married, as his first wife, Sir John Seymour, knight, who was an infant 14 years old in 1464, at the death of his grandfather, Sir John Seymour, knight, of Evinswinden, who was aged 20 years in 1420. The latter's son and heir, John Seymour, predeceased his father, and was, by Elizabeth, daugher and heir to Sir Robert Coker, of Laurence-Lydiard, Co. Somerset, father of the above-mentioned Sir John Seymour, knight, who seated himself at Wolfhall(*), Co. Wilts, and their son: -- .... etc
- John Seymour of Wulfhall, of Stapleford/Stalbridge, of Stinchcombe and of Huish, all in Wiltshire (c. 1450 - 26 October 1491) was warden of Savernake Forest and a significant English landowner in the counties of Wiltshire and Somerset.
- He was the grandfather of Jane Seymour, one of the queens of Henry VIII of England, and thus great-grandfather of King Edward VI.
- Seymour was the eldest of the three sons of John Seymour (c. 1425–1463), who had been a Knight of the Shire for Wiltshire and High Sheriff of Wiltshire, by his marriage to Elizabeth (born about 1436), daughter of Sir Robert Coker of Lydeard St Lawrence, Somerset. Seymour's father died in 1463 and he succeeded his grandfather, another John Seymour, on his .... etc.
- Seymour married firstly Elizabeth Darrell (born c. 1451), daughter of Sir George Darrell (died c. 1474) of Littlecote, Wiltshire, by his marriage to Margaret Stourton (born c. 1433), a daughter of John Stourton, 1st Baron Stourton, and of Margery or Marjory Wadham; and with her had four sons and four daughters: .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Seymour_(died_1491)
Name: George Darell
Birth: 1419 in Littlecote, Wiltshire, Eng.and
Death: MAR 1472/73
Change Date: 7 JUL 2005
Marriage 1 Joan Hawte b: 1436 in Kent
Sir George Darrell, Kt., of Littlecote's Timeline
Littlecote, Wiltshire, England
Ramsbury, Wiltshire, England
Ramsbury, , England
Ramsbury, Wiltshire, England
Littlecote, Wiltshire, England
Littlecote Park, Somerset, England