Matching family tree profiles for Sir James Chudleigh, III, Kt., of Ashton
view all 28
About Sir James Chudleigh, III, Kt., of Ashton
Sir James Chudleigh (son of John Chudleigh died between 1453/1455, & Margaret) was born 1444 and died 1514.
- 1. 1467 to Margaret Tremayne; her 2nd marriage. Son John.
- 2. 1476 to Margaret Stourton. 5 children.
- 3. 1505 to Christian Paulet; her 4th marriage. No children. No death date listed.
- James Chudleigh1
- M, b. circa 1444
- Father John Chudleigh1 b. c 1418
- Mother Thomasine Kirkham1 b. c 1422
- James Chudleigh was born circa 1444 at of Asheton, Devonshire, England.1 He married Margaret Stourton, daughter of Sir William Stourton, 2nd Lord Stourton and Margaret Chidiock, circa 1470 at of Stourton, Wiltshire, England.1
- Family Margaret Stourton b. c 1451
- William Chudleigh+1 b. c 1472, d. 1515
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, SLC Archives.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2917.htm#i87651
- A view of Devonshire in MDCXXX, with a pedigree of most of its gentry (1845)
- Sir James Chudleigh, knight, married, first Margaret, daughter to the Lord William Stourton, and had issue William, Margaret, wife to John Wise, of Sydenham, Devon ; secondly Margaret, daughter of John Tremayn, the relict of Oliver Wise, and had issue Robert, John. William Chudleigh married Joan, daughter of Sir William Hody, of Pillesdon in Dorset, knight, issue Richard; obiit 29th January, 1515, and lieth in Clist Church.
- John Pollard, of Way and Horewood, esq., married Emma, daughter and coheir of Sir John Dodiscomb, knight, and had issue Walter ; who married Elizabeth, daughter and coheir of William Cornu of Horewood, and had issue John ; who married Eleanor, daughter of John Copleston, of Copleston, esq., and had issue Walter, Robert, and Ann married to John Wood, of North-Tawton, esq. Walter Pollard, of Horewood, esq., married Joan, daughter and heir of Roger Barnes, of Bamshill in Ugborough, esq., and had issue Richard, and Lewis who died sans issue. Richard married Margaret, daughter of John Cockworthy, and had issue Anthony, and Margaret married to William Cruwys of Chulmleigh. Anthony married Petronel, daughter of James Chudlegh, of Ashton, esq., and had issue Richard, Ann, (married to Alexander Wollacomb, of Wollacomb, esq.;) Joan, (to Nicholas Ash, of Sowton, esq.;) Grace, (to John Burneby;) Mary, (to Eyer;) Alice, (to Thomas Gay, of Goldsworthy, esq.;) Thomasin, (to Walter Babington.) Richard married Joan, daughter of Edward Bampfield, of Poltimore, esq., and had issue Anthony, William, Henry, John, Alexander, Ann, (married to Hugh Bury, of Coleton, esq.;) Petronel, Ursula, Francis, and Elizabeth. Anthony married Elizabeth, daughter of Lewis Stukeley, of Affeton, esq., and had issue.
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies ... By John Burke, Sir Bernard Burke
- Pg. 115
- JAMES CHUDLEIGH, esq. of Ashton, who m. Margaret, daughter of William, Lord Stourton, of which marriage the beginning of the covenant runs thus: "That James Chudleigh, shall marry Margaret, daughter to William Lord Stourton, who giveth him an hundred Marks, anno, 14 Edward IV. 1476." His son and heir,
- WILLIAM CHUDLEIGH, esq. of Ashton, m. Joan, daughter of Sir William Hody, knt. of Dorsetshire and had a son,
- Margaret STOURTON
- Born: ABT 1448/1452, Stourton, Wiltshire, England
- Father: William STOURTON (2º B. Stourton of Stourton)
- Mother: Margaret CHIDIOCKE (B. Stourton of Stourton)
- Married 1: James CHUDLEIGH
- Married 2: Oliver WISE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/STOURTON.htm#Margaret STOURTON2
Sir James Chudleigh, III, Kt., of Ashton's Timeline
Ashton, Devon, England
Portledge, Devon, England
Asheton, Devon, Eng
Assheriston Or Ashton, Devonshire, England
Ashton, Devon, England