James Stewart, Kt.
|Birthplace:||Beath, Fifeshire, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Dunblane, Perth, Scotland|
|Cause of death:||Murdered on Whitsunday.|
Son of Andrew Stewart, 1st Lord Avandale; Andrew Stewart and Margaret Kennedy
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Sir James Stewart, Kt.
Sir James Stewart 
- M, #109274,
- b. before 1513,
- d. 2 June 1544
- Last Edited=4 Jul 2008
- Consanguinity Index=0.09%
Sir James Stewart was born before 1513.1 He was the son of Andrew Stewart, 1st Lord Avandale and Margaret Kennedy.,
He married Margaret Lindsay, daughter of John Lindsay, 3rd Lord Lindsay of the Byres and Marion Baillie, before 4 June 1533.
He died on 2 June 1544 at Dunblance, Scotland, killed. He was also reported to have died slain on Whitsunday in 1547.
He lived at Beath.
Child of Sir James Stewart
- 1. Elizabeth Stewart+
Children of Sir James Stewart and Margaret Lindsay
- 1. Henry Stewart+
- 2. James Stewart, 1st Lord Doune+ b. a 1529, d. 20 Jul 1590
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VIII, page 140. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume XII/1, page 273.
- 3. [S1670] Alexander Brdie, "re: Brodie Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 6 April 2006. Hereinafter cited as "re: Brodie Family."
- 4. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 2768. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
also reported to have died Whitsunday 1547
According to funaba.org's calendar converter:
Pentecost (Whitsunday) 1547-06-08 (Sunday, June 8, 1547)
According to Fourmilab's calendar converter:
This date is Gregorian, English Julian date is 29 May 1547