Matching family tree profiles for Sir John Assheton
About Sir John Assheton
- 'A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great ..., Volume 4
- Pg. 248
- EDMOND TRAFFORD, who was knighted by HENRY VI. at Whitsuntide, in 1426. He m. Alice, eldest daughter and co-heir of Sir William Venable, knight of Bolyn, by Joan, his wife, daughter of John Massey, of Tatton, and had issue,
- JOHN, (Sir) his heir.
- Joan, m. first, in 1429, to James Byron, grandson of Sir John Byron, and secondly, in 1443, to William, son and heir of Sir Alexander Radcliffe, of Ordsall.
- ' Dulcia, m. in 1438, to Sir John Ashton, of Ashton.
- Sir Edmond lived until 1457, when he was s. by his son,
- SIR JOHN TRAFFORD, knighted about the year 1444, who m. Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Thomas Ashton, knight, of Ashton, and had issue, ...
- Pg. 400
- .... SIR JOHN RADCLYFFE, knt. of Catherton, married twice: by his second wife, Elizabeth, daughter of John Knyvett of Thirling, he had a son, EDMUND, ancestor of the Radclyffes of Broad Clist, in Devonshire; and by his first wife, Mary, daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstal, knt. of Tunstal, he had a son, JOHN, who m. Katherine, daughter of Richard Molyneux, of Sefton, and left three daughters his co-heirs, namely JOAN, m. to Edmund Ashton, esq. second son of Sir Thomas Ashton, knt. of Ashton-under-Line: MARGARET, m. to Ralph Standish, esq. of Standish; and ELIZABETH, m. to Robert Radclyffe, second son of Alexander Radclyffe, esq. of Ordsall.
- Agnes HARRINGTON
- Born: ABT 1465, Brirworth, Kent, England
- Father: James HARRINGTON of Wolfege (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Isabella RADCLIFFE
- Married: Thomas ASHTON (Sir Knight) (b. ABT 1440 - d. 1517) (son of' John Ashton and Dulcia Trafford') ABT 1494, Woolfage, Northamptonshire, England
- **1. Alice ASHTON (b. ABT 1482) (m. Richard Houghton)
2. John ASHTON (b. ABT 1495) (m. Jane Stanley)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HARRINGTON.htm#Agnes HARRINGTON1
Name: JOHN ASHTON Suffix: , OF ASHTON, LANCS.; KNIGHT Prefix: SIR 1 Sex: M Birth: ABT 1413 in ASHTON UNDER LYNE, LANCASHIRE Death: 1508 in ASHTON UNDER LYNE, LANCASHIRE Note: 1
John Assheton Also Known As: "John de Asshton" Birthdate: circa 1413 Birthplace: Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England Death: Died 1508 Immediate Family: Son of Sir Thomas "the Alchemist" de Ashton and Elizabeth de Ashton ?Husband of Isabelle Assheton and Dulcia Assheton ?Father of Sir Thomas Assheton ?Brother of Jane Foljambe; Edmund de Ashton; Nicholas de Ashton; Unknown de Ashton; Elizabeth Trafford; and Dulcia Gerard?
Change Date: 1 SEP 2015
Father: THOMAS ASHTON b: ABT 1397 in ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE, LANCASHIRE Mother: ELIZABETH BYRON b: ABT 1417 in CLAYTON, LANCASHIRE
Marriage 1 DULCIA TRAFFORD b: ABT 1417 in TRAFFORD MANOR, STRETFORD, LANCASHIRE
Has Children THOMAS ASHTON b: 1440 in ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE, LANCASHIRE
Text: Web Site Text: various Text: various Text: www.geni.com/people Date: 24 MAR 2014