John Bonython, Heir of Bonython Manor
|Birthplace:||Curry, Cornwall, England|
|Death:||Died in Curry,,Cornwall,England|
Son of Richard Bonython; Richard Bonython; Jane Bonython (Durant) Heiress and Jane Bonython
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Bonython, Heir of Bonython Manor
About John Bonython, Heir of Bonython Manor
- 'Full text of "The Bonython family of Maine"
- 1. RALPH1 BONYTHON, of Bonython, Cornwall, paid a subsidy in the parish of Cury, 15 Henry VIII. He married twice, probably, (1) Elizabeth Downe, and (2) Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth Erissey [Inq. Post. Mort. (James Erissey), 35 Hen. VIII. 62; comp. Coles Esch. Harl. Mss., No. 757, p. 38] and had issue:
- 2. i. RICHARD, son and heir.
- ii. EDMOND, had issue two daughters: 1. Katharine,3 who m. Thomas Godolphin; and 2. Margaret.3
- iii. JOHN, d. s. p.
- 2. RICHARD2 BONYTHON (Ralph1), also paid subsidy as above at the same time, but died the next year (1535), as his wife Jane, daughter and heir of John Durant of Pensinans, Cornwall, was a widow 16 Henry VIII., at Bodmin, where she was taxed. He had issue:
- ' 3. i. JOHN, son and heir.
- ii. JAMES, paid subsidy in Mullion, 1 Elizabeth [Lay. Subsidy, 87-218]; m. Margerie, daughter of John Melhuise, of Truro, Merther, by whom he had: 1. John,4 of St. Columb Major, who m. Margerie, daughter of John Kerne, alias Tresilian; 2. Robert4; 3. Nicholas,4 a burgess, who m. Anne, daughter of Hugh Monday of Tregony; 4. Thomas,4 a goldsmith of Cheapside, London, who m. Alice, daughter of Humphrey Purforoy of Leicestershire.
- iii. JANET, m. Tregolles.
- iv. CHRISTIAN, m. Nicholas Davy.
- v. BERSABA, m. John Davy.
- vi. ELIZABETH, m. (1) William Condon; (2) Peter Cooke.
- vii. ISABELLE, m. James Pawley.
- viii. CHARITY.
- '3. JOHN3 BONYTHON (Richard,2 Ralph1), paid a subsidy in the parish of Curry, 1559; he married Eleanor, daughter and co-heir of Job Myllayton of Pengerswick Castle . . . .
- 'John Bonython
- 'M, b. circa 1536
- Father Richard Bonython b. c 1517, d. 1535
- Mother Jane Durant b. c 1518
- ' John Bonython was born circa 1536 at of Curry, Cornwall, England. He married Eleanor Myllayton, daughter of Job Myllayton, on 21 June 1562 at Breage, Cornwall, England.
- 'Family Eleanor Myllayton b. c 1540
- ◦Jane Bonython+ b. c 1587
Bonython Manor near Cury, Cornwall, in the United Kingdom is an estate garden on the Lizard peninsula
It is located five miles (8 km) south of Helston, on main A3083 Helston to Lizard Road,turn Left at Cury Cross Lanes (Wheel Inn) and the entrance is 300 yd (270 m) on the right.
Sir John Langdon Bonython told The Literary Digest: "Bonython is a Cornish name and the accent is on the second syllable: Bon-y'thon, y as in spy. The ancient family located at Bonython in the Lizard district at a very early period. Existing deeds show that Stephen Bonython was in possession of the family lands in 1277."
John Bonython, Heir of Bonython Manor's Timeline
Curry, Cornwall, England
April 3, 1580
St. Columb Major, Cornwall, England
Of, Cornwall, England
Cornwall, England, United Kingdom