view all 28
About Sir John de St. John, K.B.
- 'Sir John St. John1,2,3,4,5
- 'M, #23594, b. circa 1432, d. circa 1514
- Father Sir Oliver St. John, Sheriff of Glamorganshire6,7 b. c 1398, d. 1437
- Mother Margaret Beauchamp6,7 b. c 1410, d. c 3 Jun 1482
- ' Sir John St. John was born circa 1432 at of Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England; Age 40+ in 1482.2,4 He married Alice Bradshaw, daughter of Sir Thomas Bradshaw and (Miss) Sherburne, circa 1454; They had 2 sons (Sir John; & Maurice) and 4 daughters (Anne, wife of Sir Henry, 10th Lord Clifford, Lord Vescy; Eleanor, wife of John Zouche, Esq., & of Sir John Melton; Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Kent, Esq; & (a daughter), a nun at Shaftesbury).2,4,5 Sir John St. John died circa 1514; He held lands in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Northamptonshire, & Essex.2,4
- 'Family Alice Bradshaw b. c 1433
- Eleanor St. John+2,4,5 b. c 1455, d. 12 Feb 1519
- Sir John St. John, Sheriff of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire+2,4 b. c 1458
- Anne St. John+8,2,3,9,4 b. c 1460, d. a 12 May 1506
- 1.[S7423] Unknown author, Wallop Family, p. 678; Ancestral Roots of 60 Colonists, p. 85.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 628.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 293.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 478.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 16-17.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 627-628.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 475.
- 8.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 217-218.
- 9.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 132.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p785.htm#i23594
- (dau. Alice St. John m. Sir Henry Clifford, 10th Lord Clifford)
- 'Sir John St. John1
- 'M, #1091, d. after 1488
- Last Edited=1 Jun 2008
- ' Sir John St. John was the son of Sir Oliver St. John and Margaret Beauchamp.2 He married Alice Bradshaigh, daughter of Thomas Bradshaigh.2 He died after 1488.3
- ' He lived at Bletso, Bedfordshire, England.1 He was invested as a Knight Bachelor in 1488.3
- 'Child of Sir John St. John
- 1.Sir John St. John+3 d. a 1502
- 'Child of Sir John St. John and Alice Bradshaigh
- 1.Anne St. John+1
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XII/1, page 121. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2.[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 103. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
- 3.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 206.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p110.htm#i1091
- (dau. Anne St. John m. Henry Clifford, 10th Lord Clifford)
- 'John St. JOHN (Sir Knight)
- 'Born: ABT 1426, Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
- 'Died: AFT 1488
- 'Notes: Knight of the Bath
- Father: Oliver St. JOHN (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Margaret BEAUCHAMP (D. Somerset)
- 'Married: Alice BRADSHAW (b. ABT 1426, Haigh, Lancashire, England)(dau. of Thomas Bradshaigh) ABT 1447, Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
- 1. Elizabeth St. JOHN (b. 1448, Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England)
- 2. John St. JOHN (Sir Knight)
- 3. Eleanor St. JOHN
- 4. Anne St. JOHN (B. Clifford)
- 5. Margaret St. JOHN (b. ABT 1457, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England)
- 6. Morris St. JOHN (b. ABT 1459, Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/STJOHN.htm#John St. JOHN (Sir Knight)3
(dau. Anne St. John m. Henry CLIFFORD (10º B. Clifford))
- Henry [Parker], 10th Baron Morley and de jure 11th Baron Marshal
- born c. 1486
- mar. bef. 1505 Alice St John (bur. 23 Nov 1553 at Great Hallingbury, co. Essex), 'dau. of Sir John St John, of Bletsoe, co. Bedford (by his wife Alice Bradshaigh, dau. of Thomas Bradshaigh, of Haigh, co. Lancaster), 1st son and heir of Sir Oliver St John, of Penmark, co. Glamorgan, by his wife Margaret Beauchamp, de jure suo jure Baroness Beauchamp of Bletsoe (mar. (2) John [Beaufort], 1st Duke of Somerset, and was grandmother of King Henry VII), sister and hrss. of John [Beauchamp], 4th Baron Beauchamp of Bletsoe, and only dau. of John [Beauchamp], 3rd Baron Beauchamp, by his wife Edith Stourton, dau. of Sir John Stourton'
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/
- ((dau. Alice St. John m. Henry Parker, 10th Baron Morley) Other sources list this Alice as granddau.with parents Sibyl ferch Morgan & John St. John. She would be born a little late to be dau. of John & Alice)
Knight of the Bath
Born: ABT 1426, Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
Died: AFT 1488
Notes: Knight of the Bath
view all 11
Sir John de St. John, K.B.'s Timeline
August 31, 1426
Beldsoe, Bedfordshire, England
Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
March 30, 1450
Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England, (Present UK)
Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
Abt. 1459 Bletsoe, Bedfordshire, England
Bletshoe, Bedfordshire, England
Bledsoe, Bedfordshire, England