John Fitzwilliam, Kt.
|Birthplace:||Aldwark, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Aldwark, Yorkshire, England|
Son of Sir John Fitzwilliam, Sr., Kt. and Eleanor Fitzwilliam
|Managed by:||Kira Rachele Jay|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir John 'the older' Fitzwilliam, Kt.
About Sir John 'the older' Fitzwilliam, Kt.
- Sir John FitzWilliam1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
- M, #48609, b. 27 May 1397, d. 17 September 1421
- Father Sir John FitzWilliam2,3,4,5,7,8,9,11 b. 25 Jul 1377, d. 5 Jul 1417
- Mother Eleanor Greene2,3,4,5,7,8,9,11 b. c 1380, d. bt 1 May 1421 - 21 Dec 1422
- Sir John FitzWilliam was born on 27 May 1397 at Sprotborough, Yorkshire, England; Age 20 in 1417.2,4,7,8,11 A contract for the marriage of Sir John FitzWilliam and Margaret Clarell was signed on 19 January 1410; They had 2 sons (Sir William; & John) and 1 daughter (Eleanor, wife of Sir William Ryther).2,3,12,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 Sir John FitzWilliam died on 17 September 1421 at Rouen, Seine-Maritime, Upper Normandy, France, at age 24; Buried at Sprotborough, Yorkshire.2,4,7,8,11
- Family Margaret Clarell d. a 1467
- Eleanor FitzWilliam+1,4,6,7,8,10,11 d. a 20 Jun 1475
- Margaret FitzWilliam
- Sir William FitzWilliam+2,4,7,8,11 b. c 1417, d. 1 Dec 1474
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 623.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 634.
- [S15] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 350.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 477.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 217.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 467-468.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 484.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 209.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 676.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 514.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 545.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 478.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1617.htm#i48609
- Sir John Fitzwilliam1
- M, #325790, d. 1421
- Last Edited=22 Dec 2008
- Sir John Fitzwilliam was the son of Sir John Fitzwilliam and Eleanor Green.2 He married Margaret Clarell, daughter of Sir Thomas Clarell.1 He died in 1421 at Rouen, France.1
- He lived at Elmley, Yorkshire, England.1 He lived at Sprotborough, Yorkshire, England.1
- Child of Sir John Fitzwilliam and Margaret Clarell
- Sir William Fitzwilliam+2 d. 1 Dec 1474
- [S37] BP2003 volume 1, page 983. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- [S37] BP2003. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p32579.htm#i325790
- John FITZWILLIAM of Sprotborough (Sir Knight)
- Born: 1397, Sprotbourough, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 1421, Rouen
- Father: John FITZWILLIAM (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Eleanor GREENE
- Married: Margaret CLARELL (b. ABT 1397) (dau. of Thomas Clarell and Matilda Montgomery) (m.2 Robert Waterton - m.3 William Gascoigne) ABT 1416, Aldwark, Yorkshire, England
- 1. William FITZWILLIAM of Sprotborough (Sir)
- 2. Eleanor FITZWILLIAM
- 3. Clara FITZWILLIAM
- 4. Isabel FITZWILLIAM
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/FITZWILLIAM.htm#John FITZWILLIAM of Sprotborough (Sir Knight)1
- Earl Fitzwilliam was a title in both the Peerage of Ireland and the Peerage of Great Britain held by the head of the Fitzwilliam family. The Fitzwilliams acquired extensive holdings in the south of the West Riding of Yorkshire, largely through strategic alliances through marriage. In 1410, Sir John Fitzwilliam of Sprotborough, who died in 1421, married Margaret Clarell, daughter of Thomas Clarell of Aldwark, the descendant of a major Norman landholding family. This is how the Fitzwilliams acquired the Clarell holdings.
- .... etc.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Fitzwilliam
- Robert Waterton, (c. 1360 – 17 January 1425) was a trusted servant of the House of Lancaster under three monarchs, Henry IV, Henry V, and Henry VI. As Constable of Pontefract Castle, he had custody of Richard II after that king was deposed.
- Robert Waterton, likely born circa 1360, was the son of John Waterton of Waterton, Lincolnshire and Joan, daughter of Peter de Mauley, 2nd Baron Mauley. He had a brother, John Waterton, and was a nephew of Sir Hugh Waterton. .... etc.
- Sir Robert Waterton (I) married secondly, by 1422, Margaret Clarell (a Lady of the Garter), widow of Sir John Fitzwilliam (d. 17 September 1421) of Sprotborough, Yorkshire, son and heir of Sir John Fitzwilliam (d. 5 July 1417) by Eleanor Greene, daughter of Sir Henry Greene. Margaret Clarell was the daughter of Thomas Clarell, esquire, of Aldwark, North Yorkshire, by Maud Montgomery, daughter of Sir Nicholas Montgomery (d.1424) of Cubley, Derbyshire.
- By her first husband, Margaret Clarell had two sons, Sir William Fitzwilliam, who married Elizabeth Chaworth, and John Fitzwilliam, and a daughter, Eleanor Fitzwilliam, who married Sir William Ryther. After Robert Waterton's death, Margaret Clarell contracted a clandestine marriage, on 7 February 1426, to Sir William Gascoigne (c.1405 – before March 1454) of Gawthorpe, Yorkshire, grandson of William Gascoigne, Chief Justice of England, by whom she had four sons and five daughters.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Waterton
Sir John 'the older' Fitzwilliam, Kt.'s Timeline
Sprotborough, Yorkshire, England
Aldwark, Yorkshire, England
Aldwark, Yorkshire, England