Matching family tree profiles for Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers
About Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers
- Sir Robert de Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Wemme1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
- M, #12956, b. circa 1350, d. 31 December 1380
- Father Sir Robert de Ferrers, 3rd Lord Ferrers2,3,4,5,6,9,8 b. 25 Mar 1309, d. 28 Aug 1350
- Mother Joan de Buckland3,4,5,6,9 b. c 1319, d. 29 Jun 1375
- Sir Robert de Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Wemme was born circa 1350 at of Willisham, Suffolk, England; Age 25 in 1375.2,4,6,7,8 He and Elizabeth le Botiller obtained a marriage license on 27 September 1369 at Acton Burnell, Shropshire, England; They had 1 son (Sir Robert, 2nd Lord Ferrers).2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Sir Robert de Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Wemme died on 31 December 1380 at of Wemme, Shropshire, England.2,4,6,7,8
- Family Elizabeth le Botiller b. c 1345, d. 19 Jun 1411
- Sir Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers of Wem+4,2,6,7,8 b. c 1372, d. b 29 Nov 1396
- [S3675] Unknown author, Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, 4th Ed., by F. L. Weis, p. 115, 116.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 134.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 308.
- [S15] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 877-878.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 158.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 312.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 333.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 338-339.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 570.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p432.htm#i12956
- Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers (of Wem)
- M, #23272, b. circa 1341, d. between 24 December 1380 and 31 December 1380
- Last Edited=12 May 2007
- Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers (of Wem) was born circa 1341 at Chartley, Staffordshire, England.1 He was the son of Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers (of Chartley) and Joan de la Mote.2,3 He and Elizabeth le Botiler, Baroness le Botiller obtained a marriage license on 27 September 1369.4,3 He died between 24 December 1380 and 31 December 1380.3
- He gained the title of 2nd Lord Ferrers, of Wem.
- Child of Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers (of Wem) and Elizabeth le Botiler, Baroness le Botiller
- Robert de Ferrers, 3rd Lord Ferrers (of Wem)+ b. c 1373, d. b 29 Nov 1396
- [S125] Richard Glanville-Brown, online <e-mail address>, Richard Glanville-Brown (RR 2, Milton, Ontario, Canada), downloaded 17 August 2005.
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume V, page 312. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S2] Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 101. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 232.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p2328.htm#i23272
- Robert De FERRERS (Sir)
- Born: BEF 1350
- Acceded: Willisham
- Died: 24 Dec 1380
- Father: Robert De FERRERS (3° B. Ferrers of Chartley)
- Mother: Joan De La MOTE (Lady of Willisham)
- Married: Elizabeth BUTLER 27 Sep 1369
- 1. Robert FERRERS (1º B. Ferrers of Oversley)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/FERRERS.htm#Robert De FERRERS (Sir)1
- Sir Robert de Ferrers
- Birth: 1350 Stowe-by-Chartley, Staffordshire, England
- Death: Dec., 1380 Wem, Shropshire, England
- Knight of Willisham, Suffolk, and in right of his wife, of Wem, Hinstock and Loppingotn, Shropshire, of Tyrley, Staffordshire, of Oversley, Warwickshire.
- Younger son of Sir Robert de Ferrers 1309-1350 and his second wife Joan de la Mote. Grandson of Sir John de Ferrers and Hawise de Muscegros.
- Husband of Elizabeth de Boteler, daughter and heiress of Sir William Boteler and Elizabeth de Handsacre. They were married by licence dated 27 Sept 1369 at Acton Burnell, Shropshire, and had one son, Sir Robert, Lord Ferrers of Wem.
- Sir Robert died 24 or 31 Dec, 1380. His widow would marry Sir John Say and Sir Thomas Molington, and be buried at the Church of the Crutched Friars next to the Tower of London.
- Family links:
- Elizabeth de Boteler Molington (____ - 1411)
- Robert de Ferrers (1373 - 1396)*
- Burial: Merevale Abbey, Merevale, North Warwickshire Borough, Warwickshire, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 51976666
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=51976666
- HIS GRANDFATHER'S Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers of Chartley WIKIPEDIA BIO HAS NO MENTION OF Agnes or Aeneas de Bohun, LISTING HIS WIVES AS MARGARET & JOAN de la MOTE.
- Robert Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers of Wem (c. 1373 – bef. 29 November 1396). He was born in Willisham, Suffolk.
- Robert was the son of Sir Robert Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Wem (created by Writ of Summons dated December 28, 1375), and Elizabeth Boteler, 4th Baroness Boteler of Wem, who died in June 1411, and paternal grandson of Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers of Chartley and Agnes or Aeneas de Bohun. Upon the death of his father in December 1380, he became Baron Boteler of Wem jure matris (he predeceased his mother, so never actually became the 5th baron; after his death, his mother's 3rd husband assumed this title jure uxoris) as well as 2nd Baron Ferrers of Wem. He had no son but two daughters. Female siblings being co-heiresses in England, both baronies are still abeyant between the descendants of these two sisters.
- Robert Ferrers married Joan Beaufort in 1391 at Beaufort-en-Vallée, Anjou. They had two daughters:
- Elizabeth (1393 – 1434). She is buried at Black Friars Church, York. She married John de Greystoke, 4th Baron Greystoke (1389 – 1436) on 28 October 1407 in Greystoke Castle, Greystoke, Cumberland, and had issue. They had 12 children. One of their daughters, Anne married Sir Ralph Bigod, descendant of Hugh Bigod (Justiciar) and his wife Joan de Stuteville (daughter of Dervorguilla I of Galloway, daughter of Lochlann of Galloway), and became ancestress of George Gascoigne, poet, and Zachary Taylor, 12th president of the U.S.A.
- Mary or Margery (1394 – 25 January 1457/1458). She married her stepbrother, Sir Ralph Neville, son of Ralph Neville, 1st Earl of Westmoreland, c. 1413 in Oversley, Warwickshire and had issue. Her granddaughter Joan was the mother of Sir William Gascoigne (c. 1450 – 1486) who married Margaret Percy and became ancestor of many notable persons including Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, George Washington and William Howard Taft (see entry on Margaret Percy for further details).
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ferrers,_2nd_Baron_Ferrers_of_Wem
- The historic peerage of England: exhibiting, under alphabetical arrangement ... By Sir Nicholas Harris Nicolas, William Courthope Pg.189
- "Baron by writ
- I. 1375. 1. Robert Ferrers, a younger son of Robert 2nd Baron Ferrers, having m. Elizabeth, dau. and sole heir of William III. Baron Boteler of Wemm, was summ. to parl. as "Robert Ferrers de Wemm, Chev."
- The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, William Ryland Beall Pg.135
- 6. Sir Robert de Ferrers, Lord Ferrers of Chartley, b. 25 Mar. 1309, d. 28 Aug. 1350; m. (1) betw. 21 Nov. 1324 & 20 Oct. 1330, Margaret, liv. Aug. 1331, m. (2) Joan de la Mote, Lady of Willisham, d. London, 29 Jun. 1375.
- 7. Sir Robert de Ferrers, of Willisham, (by 2nd wife) b. c. 1350, d. 24 or 31 Dec. 1380; m. c. 27 Sept. 1369, Elizabeth Botiller, of Wem d. Jun. 1411, Lady Boteler, ae. 24+ on 14 Aug. 1369.
- Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, Kaleen E. Pg.71
- 32. Sir Robert de Ferrers (61-31), of Chartley, d. 28 Aug. 1350; m. (2) Joan de la Mote, d. London, 29 Jun. 1375, prob. wid. of Edmund de la Mote (CP V:312 and note b, 320 chart).
- 33. Sir Robert de Ferrers, of Willisham, b. abt. 1350, d. abt. 31 Dec. 1380; m. by lic. 27 Sept. 1369, Elizabeth le Botiller (or Butler) (77-34), of Wem and Oversley.
- 34. Sir Robert de Ferrers, age 8 in 1380, d. bef. 29 Nov. 1396, m. Joan Beaufort d. Howden, 13 Nov. 1440, dau. of John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster.
view all 13
Robert Ferrers, 2nd Lord Ferrers's Timeline
Willisham, Suffolk, England
December 24, 1380
June 17, 1933
June 17, 1933
December 4, 1934
December 4, 1934
July 29, 1935
January 22, 1936