|Birthplace:||Probably Brechin, Angus, Scotland|
Son of John Erskine of Dun, 4th Laird Of Dun and Katherine Monypenny
|Managed by:||Kyle Dane|
About Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of Brechin
"Sir Thomas Erskine of Brechin - younger son of John Erskine of Dun, and at first designed of Haltoun...
...In October 1527, he received a charter of the old castle of Brechin with the dominical lands commonly called the Mains, and was afterwards designde of Brechin. He obtained the honour of knighthood from King James V. before the 28th July 1533."
SOURCE: An Historical Account of the Senators of the College of Justice: From Its Institution in MDXXXII; by George Brunton, David Haig; 1832; Page 43
- 'Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of the Sessions1,2
- 'M, #66871, d. after 1542
- Father John Erskine, 4th Lord Dun2 d. 9 Sep 1513
- Mother Katherine Monypenny2
- ' Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of the Sessions was born at of Brechin, Angusshire, Scotland.1 He married Anne (Agnes) Ogilvy, daughter of James Ogilvy, 4th Lord Ogilvy, Lord Airlie and Elinor Sinclair.1 Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of the Sessions married Elizabeth Scrymgeour, daughter of James Scrymgeour, Constable of Dundee and Isobel 'the Younger' Gray.2 Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of the Sessions died after 1542.2
- 'Family 1 Elizabeth Scrymgeour
- Margaret Erskine+2
- 'Family 2 Anne (Agnes) Ogilvy
- Mary Erskine+ b. c 1537
- 1.[S11563] The Scots Peerage, Vol. I, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 118.
- 2.[S11649] Clan MacFarlane & Associated Clans Genealogy.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2225.htm#i66871
Sir Thomas Erskine, Lord of Brechin's Timeline
Probably Brechin, Angus, Scotland
Brechin, Angus, Scotland
October 7, 1551
October 21, 1993
November 18, 1993
Commendator of Dryburgh 1541 - 47