Son of Sir James Gibson-Craig of Riccarton, 1st Baronet and Anne Thomson
|Managed by:||Alisdair James Smyth|
Historical records matching Sir William Gibson-Craig of Riccarton, 2nd Baronet
About Sir William Gibson-Craig of Riccarton, 2nd Baronet
Craig of Riccarton, Sir William Gibson-, Bart. 02/08/1797-12/03/1878. Ref: 589. Male.
- Titles and British Honours: Baronet, PC(1863).
- Profession: Advocate, Politician.
- Appointments Held: Advocate 1820; MP Midlothian 1837, City of Edinburgh 1841-52; Lord of The Treasury; Lord Clerk Register; Keeper of the Signet 1862.
- Schools and Tutors: High School, Edinburgh, and in Yorkshire.
- Publications: "On Howard's wheel plough" Transactions of The Highland & Agricultural Society series III, vol 7, 339.
- Marital Status: Married Betsy Vivian.
- Mother: Anne Thomson d.1837.
- Father: Sir James Gibson-Craig of Riccarton, Baronet. WS.
- Siblings: James Thomson Gibson-Craig FRSE 1799-1886.
- References: Proc Roy Soc Edinb, 10,1878-80, 24-6; F.J.Grant, 1944.
- Memberships: Highland Society(1824).
- Date of Election: 02/03/1829.
- Proposers: Thomas Allan, 19/6/1828, (ms Proposal NLS Acc. 10,000/44) (Billet 15/12/1828, 5/1, 19/1 2/2, 16/2/1829).
- Service to the RSE: Councillor 1854-6.
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002, pt. 1. A-J, page 214
- BBC - Your Paintings - Sir William Gibson-Craig (1797–1878)
- Wikipedia contributors. "William Gibson-Craig." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
Sir William Gibson-Craig of Riccarton, 2nd Baronet's Timeline
August 2, 1797
September 21, 1841
Currie, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
March 12, 1878