Matching family tree profiles for Solomon Mackey
About Solomon Mackey
- Birth: 1770 - Lancaster County South Carolina
- Death: Oct 10 1852 - Tallapoosa County AL
- Parents: John Mackey, Sr, Sarah Mackey
- Wife: Elizabeth Bailey Mackey
- Children: Thomas J. Mackey, David Mackey, Fleming Mackey, Nancy Mackey, Jane McCrory, Jonathan Mackey, Abner B Mackey, John Mackey
- Siblings: Thomas J. Mackey, Sr., William H Mackey, Robert Mackey, John Mackey, Jr., Littleton Perry Mackey, Elizabeth Mackey
Solomon Mackey (c1770-1852) resided on a plantation in Lancaster Co. at the junction of Rocky Creek adjoining lands of Hugh Summerville, Mrs. Stewart and Mitchell's line.
He married _____Fleming, a daughter of Bailey Fleming of Lancaster Co.: "Bailey Fleming of Lancaster Co. (B-223), 10 Jan. 1792, Deed of Gift to my son-in-law, Solomon Mackey. Witnesses: Benedict Best, Fred Weaver,Wm. Rogers.
"The will of Solomon Mackey was signed 22 June 1847 pr. 25 Oct.1852 (copy recorded in Tallapoosa Co., Ala., A-95, 18 Jan. 1855) naming following children:
- 1641. Elizabeth Bailey (m. Wm. Bailey, See: F-155, Lancaste rCo.)
- 1642. David Mackey,
- 1643. Thomas Andrew. Jackson Mackey (m. L. Stevens & residednext to his father in 1850).
- 1644. Fleming Mackey "100a. whereon I now live."
- 1645. Nancy McGarrah,
- 1646. Jane McCrory, dec'd. "To her children."
- 1647. Jonathan Mackey
- 1648. Abner B. Mackey,
- 1649. John Mackey, dec'd. "To his children.""Mens. stock of horses, cattle, hogs, sheep, h/hold goods &c.
not specifically bequeathed to be sold & the proceeds of same together with money owing him to be divided as follows
- :V4 to my dtr. Nancy McGarrah & my s. Jonathan Mackey,
- V4 to the chn. of my dec'd. dtr. Jane McCrory,
- V4 to the chn. of my dec'd. s. John Mackey."
- "Mens. 9a. of land devised to Fleming Mackey which I have sold Michele (sic) Mitchell?."
- Exors: s. Abner B. Mackey with my neph. John T. Mackey & my friend, James H. Witherspoon.
- Wit: Isom Houze, Jones (sic) Crockett, J. Williams.
Solomon Mackey's Timeline
Camden, Kershaw, South Carolina, USA
Lancaster, South Carolina, USA
October 10, 1852
Tallapoosa County AL
Lancaster County, SC