Matching family tree profiles for Stephen Chaffee
view all 32
About Stephen Chaffee
From the Chaffee Genealogy:
Stephen & Chaffee (James,* Joseph, 3 Joseph, ^ Thomas i) was
- born in Woodstock, Conn., September 25, 1773, and
- died in Springville, N. Y., February 6, 1841.
- He married in Woodstock, in 1795, Ruth, daughter of Kingsley Underwood of Vermont, a relative of Judge Underwood of Virginia. At the time of their marriage she lived in Woodstock, and he in Brimfield, Mass. She was born November 17, 1774, and died August 8, 1840, at the home of her daughter, Ruby (Chaffee) Baker, in Evans, N. Y., where she was buried.
- Stephen Chaffee was baptized in the First Congregational Church in Woodstock, November 5, 1773.
- He and his wife were both members of the Methodist church.
- He had a light complexion, black eyes and was five feet, ten inches in height.
- February 6, 1795, he and his wife, being then of Pittsford, Vt., sold for £28, to John Fox of Woodstock, all their right and title, in the real estate of Daniel Underwood, deceased, the property being in Woodstock.
- Between 1798 and 1804 Stephen Chaffee moved from Vermont to Cazenovia, N. Y., and about 1810 to Attica, N. Y.
- He was a farmer.
- He went to live with his son Ambrose W. Chaffee in Springville after the death of his wife, but he survived her loss only six months.
- 802 i Lucy Chaffee, born February 17, 1790; died January 11, 1859; married John Buck, and lived near Attica.
- + 803 ii Amasa Ladd Chaffee, born November 28, 1797; married Lydia W. Nichols.
- 804 iii David Kingsley Chaffee, born January 18, 1800; died; married and moved to a place near Warren, Ohio.
- 805 iv James Chaffee, born December 26, 1801; died July 4, 1803.
- + 806 V James Cady Chaffee, born February 22, 1804; married Lucy A. Chaffee (1988).
- 807 vi Ohver Bugbee Chaffee, born April 20, 1806; died in Attica; married and had children; residence, Attica.
- 808 vii Ruby Underwood Chaffee, born April 23, 1808; married Sylvester Baker; residence in 1840, Evans, later Hudson, Mich.
- 809 viii Alzina Chaffee, born December 18, 1810; died February 21, 1820.
- 810 ix Ambrose Worthington Chaffee, born February 23, 1813; married Fluery; had a light complexion, black eyes, and was six feet in height; residence in 1841, Springville, later moved to Iowa.
view all 15
Stephen Chaffee's Timeline
September 25, 1773
Woodstock, Windham County, Connecticut Colony
February 17, 1796
November 28, 1797
January 18, 1800
December 26, 1801
February 22, 1804
New York, NY, USA
April 20, 1806
April 23, 1808
December 18, 1810