Matching family tree profiles for Stephen Merrick
About Stephen Merrick
wikitree: (Last modified 5 Apr 2017 | Last edit: 5 Apr 2017)
'Stephen Merrick (1646 - 1705)
Stephen Merrick aka Myrick
Born 12 May 1646 in Eastham, Barnstable Co MA
Son of William Merrick and Rebecca (Tracy) Merrick
Brother of William Merrick, Rebecca Merrick, Mary (Merrick) Hopkins,
Ruth Merrick, Sarah (Merrick) Freeman, John Merrick, Isaac Merrick,
Joseph Merrick and Benjamin Merrick
Husband of Mercy (Bangs) Merrick —
married 28 Dec 1670 [location unknown]
Father of Isaac Merrick and Sarah (Merrick) Crossman
Died 1705 in Taunton, Bristol Co MA
Profile managers: Katherine Patterson [send private message]
and Brent Bowen [send private message]
Merrick-35 created 30 Dec 2010 |
Last modified 5 Apr 2017 | Last edit: 5 Apr 2017
15:12: Katherine (Alvis) Patterson edited the data for Stephen Merrick.
(Merged Merrick-113 into Merrick-35: Clear duplicate.) [Thank Katherine for this]
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010.
Son of William and Rebecca (Tracy) Merrick.
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
Birth: Date: 12 MAY 1645 Place: Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA
Death: Date: 1705 Place: Taunton, Bristol Co., MA .
Event: Type: Marr-n/r Date: 26 DEC 1670 Place: Plymouth, Plymouth Co., MA Note: Mercy Bangs, daughter of Edward) Event: Type: Marr-n/r Place: Taunton, Bristol Co., MA Note: Anna Wilbore Sources
↑ Source: #S138 Page: pp. 585 ↑ Source: #S138 Page: pp. 585 ↑ Source: #S138 Page: pp. 585 ↑ Source: #S138 Page: pp. 585 Source: #S-899753593 Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=7221440&pid=1089995009 Source S-869848842 Repository: #R-899753595 Title: Family Data Collection - Individual Records Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2000. Note: APID: 4725::0 No REPO record found with id R-899753595.
Source S-899753593 Repository: #R-899753595 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Source: S138 Title: Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines Abbreviation: Dawes-Gates Author: Mary Walten Ferris Publication: 1931
Source S12 Repository: #REPO12 Title: Ancestral File (R) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Publication: Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998 Repository REPO12 Name: Family History Library Address: 35 N West Temple Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84150 USA Source: #S12
This person was created through the import of Beaman Family Tree.ged on 31 March 2011.
The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
WikiTree profile Merrick-188 created through the import of EBENSTEIN-GRANGER.GED
on Aug 19, 2011 by Merryann Palmer.
See the Changes page for the details of edits by Merryann and others.
This person was created through the import of OKMay6.ged on 11 May 2011.
- 'Ancient Landmarks of Plymouth: Davis
- Bangs, Edward, came in the Ann, 1623, and prob. m. Lydia, d. of Robert Hicks, and had Rebecca, John, Sarah, m. Thomas Howes; Jonathan, 1460, m. Mary, d. of Samuel Mayo of Barnstable; Lydia, m. Benjamin Higgins; Hannah, m. John Doane; Joshua, m. Hannah, d. of John Scudder; Bethia, 1650, m. Gersham Hall; 'Mercy, m. Stephen Herrick', and Apphia, m. John Knowles, and Joseph Atwood.
- 'Plymouth Colony, its history & people, 1620-1691 By Eugene Aubrey Stratton
- Pg. 238
- Bangs, Edward - Arriving at Plymouth in 1623 on the Anne, Edward Bangs was probably born ca. 1591, for he said he was age eighty-six in 1677. Dawes-Gates (2:61-68) has a section on him and cites the evidence to show that he was probably identical with the Edward Bangs who was baptized on 28 October 1591 in Panfield, Essex, England, the son of John and Jane (Chavis) Bangs. he married (1) after 1627 Lydia Hicks, daughter of Robert and Margaret Hicks (she may have been the second wife, for Dawes-Gates suggests that he may have had an earlier one, and, (2) Rebecca (?Hobart). He was one of the Purchasers, and he was on the 1632/33 freeman list. He was one of those chosen to lay out the twenty-acre lots in the 1627 division, along with William Bradford, Edward Winslow, John Howland, Francis Cooke, and Joshua Pratt (PCR 12:14). With Myles Standish and others, Edward Bangs was chosen in 1633 to divide the meadow in the bay equally (PCR 1:14). He was also on committees to assess the entire colony for public costs (PCR1:33, 38), and he served on various juries and other public service committees (PCR). He appears to be a man who was responsible and trusted. In a record where he was surety for another, he was called yeoman (PCR 1:103). In 1641 he was granted eighty acres of land at Warren's Wells, and in 1642 he was allowed to exchange some of it for land closer to his house (PCR 2:25, 48). He moved to Nauset with the Prence group, and in 1647 he was a supervisor of the highways there (PCR 2:115).
- In 1652 he became a deputy for Eastham (PCR 3:9) and in 1657 was licensed to sell wine and strong waters at Eastham "provided it bee for the refreshment of the English and not to bee sold to the Indians" (PCR 3:123). In a deed of 22 June 1651, he was joined as grantor by his wife Rebecca (PCR 12:209). He made his will on 19 Oct. 1677, calling himself aged eighty-six years, and he named his sons: Jonathan, John, Joshua; his daughter Howe, daughter Higgens, daughter Hall, 'daughter Merrick', and daughter Atwood; the children of his daughter Rebecca, deceased; and his son Jonathan's oldest son Edward (Ply. Colony PR 3:2:106). In an agreement of 6 March 1677/78, Jonathan Bangs agreed that the land bequeathed to his son Edward could be used by Jonathan's brother John until Edward came of age (PR 3:2:105). Dawes-Gates 2: 67 gives his children from his marriage to Lydia Hicks as: John, who married Hannah Smalley, and from his marriage to Rebecca (Possibly Hobart), Rebecca, who married Jonathan Sparrow; Sarah, who married Thomas Howes, Jr.; Jonathan, who married (1) Mary Mayo, (2) Sarah __, and (3) Ruth (Cole) Young; Lydia who married (1) Benjamin Higgins, and (2) Nicholas Snow; Hannah, who married John Done; Joshua, who married Hannah Scudder; Bethia who married Rev. Gershom Hall; 'Mercy, who married Stephen Merrick'; and Apphia who married (1) John Knowles, and (2) Stephen Atwood.
- 'Edward Banges the pilgrim : a narrative (1916)
Stephen Merrick's Timeline
May 12, 1646
Bridgewater, Plymouth Colony
Eastham, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
Eastham, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony
Taunton, (Present Bristol County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
Taunton, Bristol, Massachusetts, United States
March 11, 1731
Taunton, Bristol County, Province of Massachusetts
November 18, 1890
December 2, 1892