Matching family tree profiles for Stephen Nye, Jr.
view all 22
About Stephen Nye, Jr.
Served in the Revolutionary War
- Lieutenant, Captain John Grannis;s company, stationed at Elizabeth Islands; enlisted 7/1/1775; service to 12/31/1775, 6 months, 16 days.
- 1st Lieutenant, Captain Elisha Nye's (4th) company; list of Seacoast officers stationed at Elizabeth Islands and Martha's Vineyard; commissioned 1/1/1776.
- Same company; entered service 1/4/1776; pay rolls made up to 11/21/1776; service 10 months, 18 days; company stationed at Elizabeth Islands.
- Captain; return of officers of a company to be stationed at Elizabeth Islands; ordered Council 12/11/1776, that said officers be commissioned; reported commissioned 12/11/1776.
- 1st Lieutenant, Captain Elisha Nye's company stationed at Naushon, Elizabeth Islands; commissioned 12/16/1776
- Same company, Official record of a ballot by the House of Representatives, dated 1/10/1777; said Nye chosen 1st Lieutenant, Captain Nye's company stationed at Naushon and Elizabeth Islands; appointment concurred in by Council 1/10/1777.
- Lieutenant, Captain Joseph Wadsworth's company, Colonel Gamaliel Bradford's regiment; return dated Valley Forge, 1/28/1778; residence Sandwich; enlisted for Sandwich; mustered by Continental Muster Master and by County Muster Master; reported resigned.
- Same regiment; Continental Army pay accounts for service from 1/1/1777 to 11/26/1777; reported resigned 11/26/1777.
view all 11