Matching family tree profiles for Stephen Wakeman
view all 20
About Stephen Wakeman
- Birth: 1716
- Parents: Joseph Wakeman, Elizabeth Hawley
- Wife: Mary Booth, Sarah Jessup
- Death: Mar 23 1760 - Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Stephen graduated from Yale College in 1738.
- Jacobus says he died 25 (or 23) March 1760 in his 44th year (gravestone).
- His will is dated 8 February 1760, proved 1 April 1760. It names wife Sarah; daughter Eunice Burritt; sons Stephen, Jessup; daughters Sarah, Mary and Betty. Elihu and Eunice Burret receipted to Stephen Wakeman 24 February 1766 for L50 in full of portion from estate of father Stephen Wakeman deceased. David Banks and Sarah his wife, and Seth Sherwood and Mary his wife, conveyed in 1775 land set from estate of Stephen Wakeman to his daughter Mary.
- History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, for the Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution. Donald Lines Jacobus. New Haven CT: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Co., 1930-1932. Page: 1:636; 2:993
- Wakeman Genealogy 1630-1899. Robert P. Wakeman. Publication: Meriden, Conn., Printed by the Journal Publishing Co., 1900. Page: p. 164-166