Susanna Lydston (Beedle)
|Also Known As:||"Susanna Hill"|
|Birthplace:||Kittery, York, Maine|
|Death:||Died in Kittery, York, Maine|
|Managed by:||Erica "the Disconnectrix" Howton|
About Susanna Lydston
Susanna Beedle was born in Kittery, c1665, the dau of Christopher Beedle. Her paternal grandmother was Mary Beedle Batchelder, the "Scarlet Letter" woman of Kittery folklore. Susanna m. 1st, circa late 1696, widower Joseph Hill (1657-1713). She m. 2nd, in Newington, NH, 2 Jan 1723/24 , John Lydston. By Joseph Hill, she was the mother of six daughters: Hannah, Abigail, Sarah, Catherine, Mary, and Dorcas.
Please note: she did not die in 1724. Rather, that was the year she married her second husband, John Lydston.
Susanna BEEDLE Sex: F Birth: in Kittery, York County, ME Death: 1724
Note: Have seen the last name spelled Beedle, Beddle, Beadle
- parents: Christopher BEEDLE b: 1641
- ABT 1699 in Kittery, York County, ME to Joseph HILL b: 1658 in Dover, Rockingham County, NH as his 2nd wife; he married Catherine Knight 1st. He was the son of John Hill b 1624 & Elizabeth. 6 children.
- 2 JAN 1723 in Kittery, York County, ME to John LYDSON b: 1673 in Kittery, York County, ME. No children.
Children born in Kittery, York, Maine
- Dorcas b: 1699
- Joseph b: ABT 1700
- Katherine b: 1705
- Hannah b: 1709
- John b: 1710 in Portsmouth, NH
- Sarah b: 1712 in Kittery, Maine