Matching family tree profiles for Tarbell Whitney, Capt.
About Tarbell Whitney, Capt.
- MyHeritage Family Trees
- reynolds Web Site, managed by trevor reynolds (Contact)
- Birth: Nov 1 1725 - Plainfield, Windham, Connecticut
- Death: 1794 - Canaan CT
- Parents: David Whitney, Elizabeth Whitney (born Warren)
- Siblings: Esther Kingsbury (born Whitney), Joshua Whitney, David Whitney, Elizabeth Stanton (born Whitney), Jacob Whitney, Mary Whitney, Josiah Whitney, Solomon Whitney
pre Theresa Renée Eléna Delgado-Tossas Today [Oct 2 2015] at 5:35 PM
Seems this person's manager, is a bit confused. There is only one Tarbel Whitney in and on the Whitney Research Group and no other which was born in 1790 (the actual death year of the Tarbel(l) Whitney, that you guys have listed.)
Furthermore, he was unmarried and had no issue. (This Jesse Stenbak has him listed with a daughter Clarissa Arminia Whitney, who also, has no proven parentage, but researchers are leaning towards an Able Whitney... and not Tarbel.
Here the duplicate, Tarbel, with the false info. Maybe someone can write him http://opcoa.st/J3QXv
At her suggestion I have merge the two profiles the one by Jesse Stenbak read:
Tarbel b. 1790 Luzerne, Pennsylvania
The profile data was resolved to reflect the entry of the profile as added by: Linda Lee Watkins (Stanton) on September 28, 2008
Here is the discussion on WRG about Clarissa, maybe someone will forward this to Jesse Stenbak, too.
Clicking this link brought up "There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs."
I have posted and sourced you guy's Tarbel(l), directly on your profile for him.
It seems, I am unable to update or message Jesse Stenbak... as, when I try to source or message them, I just keep coming up with: error error error
Notes left by Theresa Renée Eléna Delgado-Tossas
vi. Tarbel Whitney, b. 1 Nov 1725, Plainfield, CT; d. 21 Apr 1790, aged 66 years, North Canaan, CT; unmarried. On 20 Nov 1755, Tarball Whitney of Canaan was listed on a muster roll as a 2nd Lieutenant in Capt. Benjamin Hinman's Company, Col. Elizur Goodrich's Regiment, during the French and Indian War. Estate of Ephraim Fellows of Canaan (pp. 9-11). ... Inventory taken by Isaac Lawrence, Andrew Steevens, and Tarball Whitney, presented 10 Jan 1758. "He was executor of his father's will in 1769."
- note:" I believe, his given birthdate, (on find a grave and on the Whitney Research Group page, for David Whitney), may be a baptism date. Either that or math, was just not one of the strong points, in this area, at this time. The same is listed on the Whitney Research Group... (Died: Age 66) So, something, isn't right. According to the given dates, he was 65 or born earlier and someone has his Baptism date as birthdate." ~Theresa Renée Delgado-Tossas
Tarbell Whitney, Capt.'s Timeline
November 1, 1725
Plainfield, Windham, Connecticut
April 21, 1790
September 22, 1821
December 23, 1938
April 14, 1939
February 14, 1951