Linda Ann Hopkins Shapiro
|Current Location::||Great Falls, Mt, USA|
|Birthplace:||Great Falls, Cascade County, Montana, United States|
Daughter of <private> Hopkins
|Managed by:||Samuel Joseph Zeichner|
Historical records matching Tera Patrick
About Tera Patrick
Tera Patrick (born Linda Ann Hopkins July 25, 1976) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress and model. Patrick is the Penthouse Pet of the Month for February 2000 and is an inductee for the NightMoves, AVN and XRCO Halls of Fame.
Tera Patrick was born Linda Ann Hopkins and was raised near San Francisco. Her mother is Thai and her father is of English, Irish and Dutch descent. When she was just ten, her mother left her and she grew up with her father David Hopkins, a carefree hippie. After taking weekend classes at the Barbizon School of Modeling for two years, she was hired by a Japanese modeling agency and moved to Tokyo at the age of fourteen. At one of her first photo shoots, she lost her virginity to the photographer, who "was feeding [her] champagne and Valium" until she "was getting wasted". She spent two years in Tokyo, where "she became addicted to Valium and alcohol and spent her paychecks on shopping sprees". When her father learned she had become sexually active, he complained to her agency, pointing out she was underage. It sent her back to the United States, "sixteen years old and already a washed-up model". At eighteen, she obtained a GED, briefly studied nursing at Boise State University, then received EMT certification from a local vocational school.
Patrick started her adult career in 1999 and, in 2003, became a contracted "Vivid Girl". She retired from shooting scenes in the adult industry in 2008 but continues to operate her website, production company, and pursue other business ventures. She licenses her movie catalog worldwide.
Patrick has appeared in Playboy and Penthouse, where she was the "Pet of the Month" for February 2000 and was selected as "Pet of the Year" runner-up. In 2003, Patrick became the masthead publisher of Genesis.
In November 2006, Patrick starred in a Vivid/Teravision production titled "Tera Patrick's Fashion Underground" where she performed with Jean Val Jean and Tommy Gunn. In the same film her husband, under the name Spyder Jonez, performed with Lanny Barby. In an interview, Tera Patrick says she's OK with him doing scenes with other girls. The two made five movies for Vivid and ten for Teravision (with Seinfeld appearing under the name "Spyder Jonez"; he has also directed some features).
In an interview with the Adult Film Database in February 2007, Patrick stated she would only continue to work in front of the camera for two more years, but planned on releasing her starring adult titles over the next decade.
In April 2007, Patrick and her production company, Teravision INC, filed a lawsuit against Jenna Jameson and Playboy Enterprises (the new owners of Club Jenna) for failing to properly account for and pay royalties on money earned by Patrick's Web site clubtera.com.
In 2008, Patrick began hosting the Playboy TV erotic instructional show, School of Sex. She was also the host for 25th AVN Awards ceremony.
In January 2013, Patrick hosted the annual XBIZ Awards.
- Patrick appeared and voiced herself in episode 63 of Aqua Teen Hunger Force animated series, which first aired November 19, 2006.
- Her television appearances include Chelsea Lately, Last Call with Carson Daly, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, MSNBC, FOX News, and Telemundo.
- Patrick was on the cover of the July 2006 American edition of FHM.
- Patrick was made into a playable character in the video game Backyard Wrestling 2.
- Patrick was also in the music video for "I Can't Move" by Everlast.
- Patrick had a cameo role in the 2007 Will Ferrell comedy Blades of Glory.
- She appeared with her (then) husband, Evan Seinfeld (a.k.a. Spyder Jonez), on the E! Channel's True Hollywood Story Rock Star Wives.
- Patrick hosted the 2007 Spike channel Guy's Choice awards.
- In 2008, Patrick appeared as herself in four episodes of the WE network's reality series Secret Lives of Women.
- Patrick was involved in promotion for the 2008 video game Saints Row 2, and also gave her own voice in its first episodic expansion pack Ultor Exposed.
- In 2011, Complex magazine ranked her at #2 in their list of “The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time.”
- In 2012, Patrick appeared in the tenth episode of season one of the cable television series Girls of Sunset Place.
- In 2014, Patrick appeared in two mainstream movie productions. In the Dave Foley and Andy Dick comedy Live Nude Girls, she was cast along with fellow adult industry performers Bree Olsen and Asa Akira. Patrick also appears in the horror movie Angel of Darkness: The Legend of Lilith
- In August 2014, Patrick announced hosting an hour-long weekly radio show on Vivid radio on the Sirius/XM network.
One of Patrick's earliest projects was the launch of an herbal product called Python for men and Naughty for women 2005.
Patrick's clothing lines include Mistress Couture and her T-shirt line with the TITS Brand. She also operates an EBay store as well as a 'Tera Patrick merchandise' store at AllThingsTera.net.
In 2006, Patrick and her then-husband, Evan Seinfeld, launched a talent agency representing models and actors. According to a quote on the agency's website, Patrick's goal "is to help girls (and guys) in the business to be treated with respect, and realize their true potential...." Additionally, she owns a production company called "Teravision," which along with Vivid Video released its first feature, "Desperate," starring Patrick and Seinfeld. In April 2006, it was announced that she would host the Exxxotica Miami convention.
Tera Patrick starred in an Indonesian mainstream horror film Rintihan Kuntilanak Perawan (Moaning of Virgin Ghost), which was presented countrywide from October 14, 2010, through November 16, 2010.
Patrick's memoir, Sinner Takes All, co-written by journalist and author Carrie Borzillo, was published by Penguin imprint Gotham Books on January 5, 2010. The book chronicles Patrick's path to stardom, along with various other life experiences she along the way. During the writing process, which she describes as "cathartic", Patrick discusses how she and her mother repaired their relationship, and how she addressed problems within her relationship with her former husband, Evan Seinfeld. Patrick commented, "I wanted the book to end happily. I knew there were problems with our marriage obviously, and the decision to leave him came about quite suddenly."
After a three-year relationship, Patrick married musician and fellow porn actor Evan Seinfeld in a small ceremony, in Las Vegas on January 9, 2004, where they were attending the 2004 AVN Awards show. On September 30, 2009, the couple announced that they were ending their marriage. Tera remains sole owner of her production company, TeraVision INC.
Patrick gave birth to a baby girl on February 25, 2012. The father is Hollywood special effects artist Tony Acosta known for his work on 300, Dawn of the Dead, and the Superman movie Man of Steel.