About Thomas Burleson
18. THOMAS DON4 BURLESON (AARON II3, AARON I2, MR.1) was born 04 May 1758 in Lunenburg Co., Virginia, and died Aft. 1830 in Cane Creek, Mitchell Co., North Carolina. He married MARGARET JANE GREENE in Cleveland Co., North Carolina, daughter of JOSHUA? GREEN. She was born Abt. 1750 in Sandy Run, Cleveland Co., North Carolina, and died Unknown.
Notes for THOMAS DON BURLESON:
- Thomas took to raising his younger siblings after the death of his father Aaron ll in 1782.
- Thomas had a land grant at the head of Cane Creek ( Avery Co., N.C.)
- In 1790, he was in Rutherford Co., N.C.
- in 1795, he was in Burke Co., N.C.
- Thomas is buried in the Burleson Family Cemetery in the Hawk Community ( Cane Creek ). He is buried supposedly with three of his sons. It is said that all descendants of Mitchell, Avery and Yancey Counties are from Thomas Burleson. This claim is made in the Toe River Valley Heritage Book in North Carolina.
Thomas Burleson's Timeline
May 4, 1758
Province of Virginia
Washington County, North Carolina, United States
March 29, 1799
Rutherford County, North Carolina, United States
Cane Creek, Burke County, North Carolina, United States