|Also Known As:||"Thomas /Hatche/"|
|Birthplace:||Sellindge, Kent, England|
|Death:||Died in Sellindge, Kent, England|
|Place of Burial:||Sellindge, Kent, England|
|Managed by:||Jason Scott Wills|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Hatche
About Thomas Hatche
- Thomas Hatch
- M, #21497, b. circa 1442, d. after 1464
- Father John Hatch b. c 1415, d. a 1464
- Mother Agnes b. c 1419
- Thomas Hatch was born circa 1442 at Tenderden, Kent, England. He died after 1464 at Seiling, Kent, England.
- Thomas Hatch+ b. c 1465, d. bt Dec 1531 - Dec 1534
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p716.htm#i21497
- The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 70 By Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- The Will of JOHN AT HECCHE of Sellyng next Monks Horton [co. Kent], 15 November 1464. .... etc.
- The Will of ELIONER HACCHE of the parish of Sellinge, co. Kent, 1 November 1519. .... etc.
- The Will of THOMAS HACHE, the elder of Sellyng besids Horton Monkyn, co. Kent, 12 December 1530. .... etc.
- The Will of JOHN HATCHE of Sellynge besids Horton Monks, co. Kent, 13 April 1535. .... etc.
- The Will of THOMAS HACHE of Mersham, co. Kent, 16 January 1556 [1556/7]. .... etc.
- The Will of WILLYAM HATCHE of Mersham, co. Kent, Myllwright, 28 January 1571 [1571/2]. .... etc.
- The Will of STEVEN HATCHE of the parish of Sellinge next Horton, co. Kent, yeoman, 10 December 1606. .... etc.
- The Will of THOMAS HATCH of the parish of St. Peters in Canterbury, co. Kent, yeoman, 27 December, 9 James I . .... etc.
- The nuncupative Will of MARGARET ALLEN ALS HATCH [in the Calendar called "Margaret Allen als Hatch als King of Canterbury"], 20 October 1626. .... etc.
- The Will of JOHN HATCHE of Tenterden, co. Kent, yeoman, 23 March 1628 [1628/9]. .... etc.
- The Will of DOROTHIE HATCH of Hollingbourne, co. Kent, widow, 13 August 1638. .... etc.
- 1. JOHN AT HECCHE, of Sellinge, in the hundred of Street, co. Kent, the testator of 1464, was born probably about 1415 and died not earlier than 15 Nov. 1464. He married Agnes —— , who was living when his will was made. He was probably a miller. He was undoubtedly descended from
- .... etc.
- some of the Atte Hacches found in the hundred of Calehill, in the subsidies of 1327-8 and 1372-3. These subsidies do not name the parishes in which the persons assessed lived; but the hundred of Calehill comprised the parishes of Charing, Westwell, Egerton, Little Chart, and Pluckley, as well as parts of several other parishes. Contemporary with the above John at Hecche of Sellinge were several of the name in Charing, probably his brothers and cousins, who left wills not given in this article. The mention of his lands in Westwell and Charing places his origin in that ancient Atte Hacche family, and he is the first of the name in Sellinge or vicinity of whom record has been found. His will names his wife Agnes and three sons.
- Children :
- 2. i. THOMAS, b. probably abt. 1442.
- ii. JOHN, b. probably abt. 1444.
- iii. WILLIAM, b. probably abt. 1446.
- 2. THOMAS AT HECCHE (John), of Sellinge, co. Kent, was born about 1442, as he was at least twenty-one in 1464, when his father appointed him one of the executors of his will, but was then under twenty-four. No will or administration of his estate has been found. He succeeded to a portion of his father's lands in Sellinge, and doubtless married soon after his father's death, becoming the father of a family of whom only one child is known.
- 3. i. THOMAS, b. probably abt. 1465.
- 3. THOMAS HACHE (Thomas, John), of Sellinge, co. Kent, the testator of 1530, was born probably about 1465. He held the manor of Hodyford, was assessed as "Thomas Hatche the elder" in the hundred of Street, in the subsidy of 1524, and died between 12 Dec. 1530 and 31 Dec. 1534. The name of his wife has not been found, but six children are named in his will in 1530.
- i. WILLIAM, b. abt. 1488; succeeded to the manor of Hodyford and other lands under the will of his father. Child: 1. Agnes, mentioned in her grandfather's will in 1530.
- 4. ii. JOHN THE ELDER, b. abt. 1490.
- iii. AGNES.
- iv. THOMAS, not mentioned in his father's will in 1530, and therefore probably deceased before that year. His existence is inferred from the fact that his supposed father, Thomas Hache, is called "Thomas Hatche the elder" in the subsidy of 1524.
- 5. v. JOHN THE YOUNGER, b. probably abt. 1495.
- vi. MARGARET.
- vii. ALICE.
- 4. JOHN HACHE THE ELDER (Thomas, Thomas, John) .... etc.
view all 19
Thomas Hatche's Timeline
Sellindge, Kent, England
November 15, 1464
Sellindge, Kent, England
November 24, 1464
Sellindge, Kent, England
Sellindge, Kent, England, United Kingdom
November 19, 1528
Of, Sellinge/tntr., Kent, England
June 30, 1565
Tenterden, Kent, England
Church Warden At Tenterden
Canterbury, Kent, England
September 1, 1914