|Birthplace:||Portsmouth, Aquidneck Island, Colony of Rhode Island|
|Death:||Died in South Kingstown, Kings County, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations|
Son of Thomas Mumford and Sarah Mumford
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Mumford
About Thomas Mumford
Birth: November 25, 1656 in Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island
Death: April 11, 1726 in South Kingston, Rhode Island
Father: Thomas Mumford b. 1625 Oldham, Lancaster, England
Mother: Sarah Sherman, b. Oct. 1636 in Roxbury, Boston, MA; d. 1690 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Marriage: Abt. 1678
Spouse: Abigail Kenyon, born Abt. 1670 in Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island, died May 1707
- Thomas Mumford, b. April 01, 1687 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island; died 1760.
- George Mumford, b. July 15, 1689 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island; died Abt. 1745. m. Mary Robinson Abt. 1709
- Joseph Mumford, b. Sept 17, 1691, Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
- William Mumford, born February 18, 1693/94 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
- Benjamin Mumford, b. April 10, 1696 in South Kingston, Rhode Island.
- Richard Mumford, b. September 06, 1698, Portsmouth, Rhode Island; died 1745. m. Sarah Abt. 1727; Richard was a Captain of a company in the Louisburg Expedition and died there in 1745.
Marriage (2) November 25, 1708 in Narragansett, Washington, Rhode Island,
Wife: Esther Tefft, b. Abt. 1689; d. 1726. daughter of Samuel Tefft and Elizabeth Jencks.
- John Mumford
- Sarah Mumford
- Tabitha Mumford. She married Joseph Rodman.
- Esther Mumford.
Notes for Thomas Mumford:
Excerpts from Eva Mumford Newburn 1971 Thomas and Abigail had six sons averaging six feet in height and were known as " the Thirty-six Feet of Mumfords".
Title: New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Media: Book, v 144, Page: 300
Title: The American Genealogist, Media: Book, Page: 20:201
Thomas Mumford's Timeline
November 25, 1656
Portsmouth, Aquidneck Island, Colony of Rhode Island
Kingstown, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
July 15, 1689
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
February 18, 1694
South Kingstown, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
April 10, 1696
Narragansett, RI, USA
So Kingston, Washington, Rhode Island