Thomas Neely, I
|Birthplace:||Ballynasaggart by Clogher, Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland|
|Death:||Died in Tyrone Township, York, now Adams County, Pennsylvania, Colonial America|
Son of John "Seige" Neely and Martha Neely
|Managed by:||Dan Cornett|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Neely, I
About Thomas Neely, I
Arrived in America about 1728, in Upper Chicheter, Chester County, PA, then moving westward in stages to end up in York Township (now Adams County), PA.
============= From James R. Neely source:
1. THOMAS I1 NEELY was born Abt. 1695 in Co Tyrone, Ireland, and died 1756 in Tyrone Township, Co. of York (now Adams), PA. He married AGNES Abt. 1721 in Ireland. She was born Abt. 1700 in Ireland, and died Aft. 1765 in Tyrone Township, Co. of York (now Adams), PA.
Notes for THOMAS I NEELY: This is my ancestor. Thomas Neely and his young family came from Co Tyrone, Ireland to America about 1730, presumably landing in Philadelphia. Much of what is known about him and his descendents was published in an excellent booklet by Juanita Henderson Neely. I personally met her about 1973 while I was living in Rock Hill, SC and she showed me the family bible of John Neely, son of Thomas II Neely. This mentioned they had come from Co. Tyrone. She was descended from Thomas II (son of Thomas from Ireland) who moved to Mecklenburg Co, NC in approximately 1754. His brother, Jackson went with him (JRN's ancestor) later, arriving by 1765. Additional information has been discovered and added to Juanita Henderson Neely's records over the years.
In 1997, I visited the York Co, PA archives and found the Bond posted on Thomas Neely's estate when he died in 1756 in Tyrone Township, which is about 20 miles north of Gettysburg, PA. I also found out that his wife was named Agnes. I have a copy of the Bond plus the will of his son, Samuel and several other Neelys living in York Co (now Adams), PA.
JRN January 1998
Children of THOMAS NEELY and AGNES are:
- . SAMUEL NEELY, b. Abt. 1722, Co. Tyrone, Ireland; d. May 06, 1775, Tyrone Township, Co. of York (now Adams), PA.
- . THOMAS II NEELY, b. 1723, Ireland; d. November 1793, Steel Creek, Mecklenburg Co. NC.
- . JACKSON NEELY, b. Abt. 1725, Co Tyrone, Ireland; d. 1788, Rock Hill, SC.
- . JOHN NEELY, b. Abt. 1729, Ireland; d. 1801, Adams Co, PA.
- . MARY NEELY, b. Abt. 1731; m. JOHN MCGAGHEY.
- . MATTHEW NEELY, b. Abt. 1733, Pennsylvania.
Thomas Neely, I's Timeline
Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland
Ulster, Tyrone County, Ireland
Tyrone, Ulster, Galway, Ireland
Ulster, Tyrone, Ireland
Tyrone Township, York, now Adams County, Pennsylvania, Colonial America