Thomas Plummer, of Anne Arundel
|Death:||Died in Anne Arundel, Maryland|
|Managed by:||David Ray D'atri|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Plummer, of Anne Arundel
About Thomas Plummer, of Anne Arundel
Place and date of birth are undocumented and highly conjectural. He was probably not the son of Sir Walter Plummer, but may have been related to the "Thomas Plummer (or Plomer), merchant" who signed the Second (1609) and Third (1612) Virginia Charters.
Y-DNA evidence states flatly that he was NOT related to the Francis Plummer who emigrated to Massachusetts. His haplotype was probably G2a3b1 (based on confirmed male-line descendant testing). Francis Plummer and his male-line descendants were R1b1a2 (and *not* a match to the descendants of this profile who tested into the same general haplotype).
And no, he's not a match for Richard III of England either - same haplotype, divergent markers.
There has long been a conundrum as to whether Thomas Plummer, Sr. married Elizabeth Smith or Elizabeth Stockett. It now appears that he married Elizabeth Smith and his son, Thomas Plummer Jr., married Elizabeth Stockett.
Thomas Plummer was born in 1642 in ENGL. He emigrated in 1667. He died about 1694 in Anne Arundel, MD. (note: there is a conflicting report he returned to England)
Elizabeth Smith was born in 1646 in Anne Arundel, MD. She died about 1694. Thomas Plummer and Elizabeth Smith had the following children:
- 1. +3 i. Thomas Plummer.
- 2. +4 ii. Margaret Plummer.
- 3. +5 iii. Mary Plummer.
- 4. +6 iv. Susannah Plummer.
- 5. +7 v. Elizabeth PLUMMER.
- Name: Thomas Plummer
- Given Name: Thomas
- Surname: Plummer
- Sex: M
- _UID: A200A85ED7F36A4BAFEC2D2915F94C8CFE8C
- Change Date: 30 Apr 2006
The Maryland Calendar Of Wills Compiled And Edited by Jane Baldwin (Jane Baldwin Cotton) Wills From 1685 To 1702 Volume II, p. 168
Ploumer, Thomas, A. A. Co., 12th July, 1694; 26th Feb., 1694.
- To eld. son Thomas, 100 A., "Seaman's Delight," in Calvert Co.
- To eld. dau. Margaret, wife of Hugh Reily, 5 shillings, because of advances already made.
- To sec. dau. Mary, wife of William Jackson, and hrs., rights in certain tract of land, and 300 A., "Scott's Lott," in Calvert Co.
- To third dau. Susanna, wife of Francis Swanson, personalty.
- To wife Eliza:, extx., home plantation, being 164 A., part of "Bridge Hill" and "Doden," during life.
- To young. dau. Eliza: and hrs., sd. plantation at death of wife afsd.
- In event of death of sd. Eliza: without issue, sd. plantation to pass to 2 daus. afsd., Mary Jackson and Susanna Swanson, equally.
- Test: Henry Hanslap, Edw. Brucebank, Jos. Hanslap. 7. 56,
Thomas Plumar 10.399 I AA £110.15.0 Mar 12 1694
- Appraisers (first set): Robert Kirkland, William Godman.
- Appraisers (second set): William Godman, Mark Richardson.
- List of debts: Thomas Plumer, Jr., George Burges.
Thomas Plummer 18.115 A AA £110.15.0 £152.11.2 Apr 28 1699
- The amount of the inventory also included #10034.
- Payments to: John Edwards, John Beacher former administrator of Joseph Williams and paid to now administrator Benjamin Williams, estate of Richard Tull, David Poole, Henry Bonner, Benjamin Williams, George Burges, Capt. Nicholas Gassaway, Capt. Abraham Wilde & Co., George Bruce, Henry Hanslap.
- Executrix: Elisabeth Plumer.
Thomas Plumer 18.116 I AA £35.15.0
- Appraisers (on March 12, 1694): Robert Kirkland, William Goodman.
- Appraisers (on September 16 1695): William Goodman, Mark Richardson.
- List of debts: Robert Kirkland, Thomas Plummer, Jr., George Burgee.
Thomas Plumer 25.327 A AA £110.15.0 £13.18.2 Jul 25 1706
- The amount of the inventory also included #8434.
- Sureties: Charles Carroll, Susanna Ward.
- Executrix: Elisabeth Plumer.
Maryland Gen. Soc. Bulletin, Vol. 35, No. 2, Spring 1994, pp. 206-214
Maryland Genealogical Society Bulletin, Winter 1987, Vol. 28, #1-pp. 36-37
".brought from England to Maryland in 1667."
Morris A. Plummer, 186 Barbara Dr., Greenwood, In. 46143-1038 /1993
Plummer Family of Maryland and Indiana Quakers
Aunt Anna Plummer's letter dated : Monrovia, Nov., 1880: quotes from a letter from Land Commissioner's Office,
Thos. A. Smith, Annapolis, Apr. 3, 1912 to Miss Lucy D. Plummer "Got the following at Mrs. Lockwood about the aunt's name: Anna Ristrum 1746 Aug. 4 St Esteurque, Ekstumway North Wales "Elizabeth Yates, daughter of George and Mary (Wells) Yates married Thomas Plummer who came to Prince George County, MD in 1667. He was of the family of Francis Plummer who was born in 1594 and died in 1673, and who came to Boston about 1673. Francis Plummer was a descendant of the ancient family of Ringmer, County Essex, England." [Y-DNA evidence says "No way" - see above.]
Maryland Gen. Soc. Bulletin, (date not given) p.81: "#52. Recorded Mar 1705/6 for William Ijams in right of his wife legatee & dau. of Thomas Plummer the grantee of Francis Stockett 61 "Dodon" from Francis Stockett A.A.Co. physician part 'Dodon', lines N. 'Annie Arundel Manor' granted Francis Stockett as 664a. lines Henry Stockett gent de'd. of 'Brightwel', 'Dodon', 'Bridge Hill'.20 July 1686"-p. 82: "
- 55. Recorded Mar 1705/6 for William Ijames in right of his wife Elizabeth Ijames the legatee of Thomas Plummer 100a 'Bridge Hills' puchased of Henry Stockett. 20 May 1676. Henry Stockett of the 'Ridge' gent to Thomas pLummer of the 'Ridge' gent. 10a part 663a called Bridge Hill lines Francis Stocket Wm. Ijames gen. Signed Henry Stockett & Katherine Stockett his wife. 3 apr 1677."
Will of Thomas Plummer of Prince Geo. Co., 1694/5, Anne Arundel Co.
Excerpts from Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties by Warfield, pp. 93-98
The Early Settlers of Maryland-An Index to Names of Immigrants Compiled from Records of Land Patents, 1633-1680, in the Hall of records, Annapolis, Maryland, Edited. By Gust Skordas. Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing Company, 1968 -
Thomas Plummer, Liber 11, Folio 171, Trasported 1667
Maryland Calendar of Wills (neglected to note Vol.) p. 168
Research of Viola M. Jones, 1712 Maplecrest Dr., Louisville, Tn. 37777-9419, March 1994
MD Gen. Soc. Bulletin, Vol. 32, No. 3, Summer 1991, pp. 308-313
MD Gen. Soc. Bulletin, Vol. 32, No. 3 by Mrs. Nellie Owings Chaney, pp. 37-48
Early Families of So. MD, Vo.. II-The Plummer Family, Elise Greenup Jourdan, Knoxville, Tenn., Sep. 1993-pp. 2, 3:
"Thomas Plummer was brought from Eng. in 1667 by Wm. Stanley (Patent, Liber 11, folio 171). 100 acres of 'Bridge Hills' in Anne Arundel Co., of the 663 acres granted Dr. Henry Stockett in 1669, was conveyed to Thomas Plummer in 1672.
Elizabeth inherited 200 acres remaining unsold of 800 acres of 'Rich Level' and 118 acres of 'Level Addition' from the 1691 will of her step-father, George Yate, erroneously listed as 'Joseph Yate' (MD Cal. Wills, Vol. ii, p. 48).
Thomas Plummer bought on 28 Jul 1686 for 3,000 #. tobacco from Francis Stockett, physician of Anne Arundel Co., 64 acres 'Doden' in the woods northward of 'Anne Arundel Manor' granted Stockett; containing 664 acres, bounded by 'Bridgehill' (Abstracts of Land Records of Anne Arundel Co.). On 20 May 1676 Thomas PLummer, Anne Arundel Co., planter, obtained 'for valuable consideration' 100 of the 663 acres of 'Bridge Hill' from Henry Stockett of 'The Ridge', Anne Arundel Co. (Abstracts of Land Records of Anne Arundel Co.).
Inventory of Thomas Plumar of Anne Arundel Co.' lb.110/15/0; 12 Mar 1694 (10.399);
Account of Thomas PLumer; #4740; 15 Jul 1700; ex. Elisabeth Plumer (20.42).
Testamentary papers; 25 Jul 1706 show Elizabeth was still alive (Box 11, folder 17)."
From: AGNESWINK@aol.com 20 Nov., 2000 The order is correct.
- Birth: ABT 1642 in England
- Death: BEF 26 FEB 1694/95 in Anne Arundel County, MD
Marriage 1 Elizabeth Stockett b: ABT 1646
- Married: ABT 1670
- 1. Thomas Plummer b: ABT 1668 in Anne Arundel County, MD
- 2. Margaret Plummer b: ABT 1672
- 3. Mary Plummer b: ABT 1672
- 4. Susanna Plummer b: ABT 1678
- 5. Elizabeth Plummer b: 19 JAN 1677/78 in All Hallows Parish, South River Hundred, Anne Arundel, MD
- Updated from [undefined WikiTree] via Samuel Plummer by SmartCopy: Oct 22 2014, 22:10:39 UTC
Thomas Plummer, of Anne Arundel's Timeline
Ann Arundel, Maryland
April 17, 1669
Anne Arundel, Maryland
July 12, 1673
Anne Arundel, Maryland, Colonial America
South River Hundred, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland
January 19, 1678
Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland
July 12, 1694
Anne Arundel, Maryland