Thomas Sellom King, SV/PROG
|Death:||Died in Salem, Salem, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
|Place of Burial:||Salem, Albany District, Cape, South Africa|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Sellom King, SV/PROG
About Thomas Sellom King, SV/PROG
1820 British Settler
Thomas Sellom King (39) and his Wife, Sarah Prime (39), together with 2 children were members of Gush's Party on the Brilliant.
Party originated from London.
Departed Gravesend 15 February 1820. Arrived Simon's Bay 30 April 1820. Final Port - Algoa Bay, Port Elizabeth on 15 May 1820.
Area Allocated to the Party Assegai Bush River - Salem
Brilliant left Gravesend 15.2.1820 carrying Erith's and Pringle's parties and Gush's division of Sephton's party.
Thomas Sellom King 39. Carpenter. Wife. Sarah Prime 39.
Thomas Francis King 14. (Later married Sarah Honey of Clark's Party.)
William Edward King 6. (Later married Jemima Honey of Clark's Party.)
King, Thomas Sellom
- Last Name: King
- First Name: Thomas Sellom or Seller
- Date of Birth: 2 Jun 1771
- Place of Birth: Pickering, Yorkshire, England
- Parents – Father:
- Parents – Mother: Ann King
- Name of Spouse: Sarah Prince
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Place: St. Margarets Westminster, London
- Date of Death: 13 Oct 1859 age 88
- Place of Death: Cape
Notes: Sephton’s party of 1820 settlers. DN 6779/1860, 3449/1876. IGI (including entry for Thomas King’s christening in 1771 in Pickering). Children:
- Thomas Francis chr. 8 Aug 1802 St. Clement Danes, Westminster, London, m. Sarah Honey, d. 9 Nov 1876 Bedford, Cape (q.v.)
- William Ellse King (an adopted child) 1814-1894, m. to Jemima Honey.
Thomas Sellom King, SV/PROG's Timeline
July 31, 1802
London, Middlesex, England UK
October 6, 1814
October 13, 1859
Salem, Salem, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Salem, Albany District, Cape, South Africa