Thomas de Morley, 5th Baron Morley
|Birthplace:||Arundell, Sussex, England|
|Death:||Died in Hingham, Norfolkshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Place of Burial:||Hingham, Norfolkshire, England, United Kingdom|
Son of Robert Thomas de Morley, Lord Morley and Isabel de Morley
|Occupation:||5th Baron of Morley, Fought at Aginccourt|
|Managed by:||Elizabeth Ellen Prince|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas de Morley, 5th Baron Morley
About Thomas de Morley, 5th Baron Morley
Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley (1393-1435) was the 5th Lord of Morley, de jure Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland, Privy Councillor.
He took part in the seiges of Rouen, 1418, of Melun, 1420, and Meaux, 1421-22. He was present at the death of King Henry V in 1422, and bore one of the banners at his funeral rites. He was summoned to Parliament from 15 July 1427 to 05 July 1435. In 1430, he was going to France in the retinue of the King. Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, died on 06 Dec 1435, and was buried at Hingham, Norfolk. His widow, Isabel, died 08 Feb 1467, leaving a will dated 03 May 1463, proved 27 Feb 1467.
He married Isabel on or before 5 Feb 1403, daughter of Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk. They had one son, Robert, 6th Lord Morley, and two daughters, Elizabeth and Anne.
- Anne Morley (1413 - 1471) became the wife of Sir John Hastings, and mother of Elizabeth Hastings. In turn, she married Robert Hildyard (? - 1501) and their son Peter (1460-1501) married Joan de la See (1463 - ?). Joan is the great-granddaughter of Lady Elizabeth Percy. Their son Christopher Hildyard (1490 - 1538) married Margaret Coningsby. In turn, their son Martin Hildyard married Emma Rudston (1511 - ?). In turn, their son, Richard Hildyard (1532 - 1602) married Jane Thwenge (1536 - ?). And in turn, their daughter Ursula Hildyard (1577 - ?) married Richard Jackson (? - 1610) in Yorkshire. This line connects Ursula as a direct descendant to Rollo of Normandy, direct ancestor of William the Conqueror, with the JACKSON family of Eske and later Killingswold Grove in Yorkshire.
- Robert de Morley 1418 - 1443 Succeeded his father as 6th Baron Morley
- Hugh de Morley
- Elizabeth de Morley She was the first wife Sir John (or Thomas) Arundell of Lanherne, Cornwall, who served in France during the reign of King Henry VI, son of John Arundell and Margaret Burgersh, and had one daughter.
Decendants from this line include
Sir Anthony Jackson (1599 - 1666), a friend, courtier and herald to Charles I and Charles II Stuarts;
Isaac Jackson, an early (1725) Quaker settler in London Grove Township, Chester County, PA, and one of Isaac's greatgrandsons, Thomas Jackson, born in Nova Scotia, Canada in 1788;
Andrew Jackson, past President of the United States; and
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, the Confederate States of America General during the US Civil War.
* This succession from Thomas Morley to Ursula Hildyard is well-documented in several late middle age documents available from Google, Yahoo! Search and elsewhere, as is information on Sir Anthony Jackson and his son Anthony (1628 - ?).
* The documentation for the descendancy of the latter Anthony's son, Isaac Jackson (1665 - 1751), is provided by Quaker records at Ballitore, County Kildare, England, and after 1725, at Quaker records from several different Quaker Monthly Meetings in rural Chester County in the 18th Century, many of which are on file in the libraries of Swarthmore and Haverford Colleges in Pennsylvania, especially in the manuscript, "Descendants of Isaac and Ann Jackson," and to records of the Pennfield Colony/Pennsfield/Belleview/Beaver Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada settlement by Loyalist Quakers after 1783.
- Sir Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- M, #32203, b. circa 1393, d. 6 December 1435
- Father Sir Robert Morley2,10,11 b. c 1375, d. bt 8 Jan 1399 - 27 Oct 1401
- Mother Isabel Moleyns2,10,11 b. c 1367, d. b 1 Jun 1409
- Sir Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland was born circa 1393 at of Morley, Norfolk, England; Age 23 in 1416.2,5,9 He married Isabel de la Pole, daughter of Sir Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl Suffolk, 2nd Lord de la Pole, Justice of the Peace for Norfolk & Suffolk and Katherine Stafford, circa 5 February 1403; They had 1 son (Robert, 6th Lord Morley) and 2 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of Sir John Arundell; & Anne, wife of John Hastings, Esq.).2,12,3,4,5,7,8,9 Sir Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland died on 6 December 1435; Buried in the chancel of Hingham, Norfolk.2,5,9
- Family Isabel de la Pole b. c 1393, d. 8 Feb 1467
- Elizabeth Morley+13,14,2,15,5,16,6,9 d. bt 12 Nov 1446 - 5 Mar 1451
- Anne Morley+17,4,5,8,9 b. c 1413, d. 1471
- Robert Morley, 6th Lord Morley+18,5,9 b. 20 Nov 1418, d. 25 Sep 1442
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 218-219.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 518.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 42.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 117.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 182.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 166-167.
- 7.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 417.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 499.
- 9.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 156.
- 10.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 181.
- 11.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 154-155.
- 12.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 687-689.
- 13.[S147] Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, 1938 ed., by Sir Bernard Burke, p., 159.
- 14.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 181.
- 15.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 41-42.
- 16.[S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 461.
- 17.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 289-290.
- 18.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 219.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1072.htm#i32203
- Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley1
- M, #25657, b. 1393
- Last Edited=2 Dec 2010
- Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley was born in 1393 at Hingham, Norfolk, England.2 He was the son of Robert Morley and Isabel Molines.3 He married Isabel de la Pole, daughter of Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk and Katherine de Stafford, before 5 February 1402/3.3
- He gained the title of 5th Baron Morley.
- Child of Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley
- 1.Elizabeth Morley+1
- Children of Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley and Isabel de la Pole
- 1.Anne Morley+4
- 2.Robert Morley, 6th Baron Morley5 b. 20 Nov 1418, d. 25 Sep 1442
- 1.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 8. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- 2.[S3470] Marian Hastings, "re: Hastings Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 31 Deember 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Hastings Family."
- 3.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume IX, page 218. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 4.[S37] BP2003 volume 2, page 1817. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- 5.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IX, page 219.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p2566.htm#i25657
- Isabel De La POLE (B. Morley)
- Born: 1395, Cotton, Suffolk, England
- Father: Michael De La POLE (2º E. Suffolk)
- Mother: Catherine STAFFORD (C. Suffolk)
- Married: Thomas MORLEY (5º B. Morley)
- 1. Robert MORLEY (6º B. Morley) (m. Elizabeth De Ros)
- 2. Elizabeth MORLEY (m. John Arundell)
- 3. Anne MORLEY (m. John Hastings, 9º B. Hastings)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DeLaPOLE.htm#Isabel De La POLE (B. Morley)
Source: Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2005), 586-590. Hereafter cited as Magna Carta Ancestry.
Thomas de Morley, 5th Baron Morley's Timeline
September 24, 1393
Arundell, Sussex, England
November 20, 1418
Arundel, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Arundell, Sussex, England
December 6, 1435
Hingham, Norfolkshire, England, United Kingdom
Hingham, Norfolkshire, England, United Kingdom