Thomasine Bourchier (Hankeford), Heiress, 9th Baroness FitzWarin
|Birthplace:||Tawstock, Devon, England|
|Death:||Died in Bampton, Devon, England|
|Place of Burial:||Devonshire, England|
Daughter of Sir Richard Hankford and Elizabeth Hankford, Heiress, 8th Baroness FitzWarin
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Thomasine Bourchier, Heiress, 9th Baroness FitzWarin
Thomasine Hankeford, 9th Baroness FitzWarin (1423–1453), married Sir William Bourchier (1407-1470), 2nd son of William Bourchier, 1st Count of Eu (1386-1420). He was summoned to Parliament as Lord FitzWarin in her right and is thus deemed: William Bourchier, 9th Baron FitzWarin jure uxoris
b. 23 February 1423, d. 3 July 1453
- Father Sir Richard Hankford2,5 b. 21 Jul 1397, d. 8 Feb 1431
- Mother Elizabeth FitzWarin2,5 b. c 1403, d. bt 10 Feb 1426 - 10 Jan 1428
Thomasine Hankeford was born on 23 February 1423 at Tawstock, Devonshire, England; Baptized in the church there.2,4 She married Sir William Bourchier, 9th Lord FitzWarin, Justice of the Peace for Shropshire, Devon, & Surrey, son of Sir William Bourchier, Count of Eu, Constable of the Tower of London and Anne 'of Gloucester' Plantagenet, before 3 August 1437; They had 4 sons (Sir Fulk, 10th Lord FitzWarin; William; John; & Roger) and 4 daughters (Anne; Blanche, wife of Philip Beaumont, & of Bartholomew St. Leger; Thomasine; & Isabel).2,3,4 Thomasine Hankeford died on 3 July 1453 at age 30; Buried in the church of Bampton, Devonshire.2,4
- Sir William Bourchier, 9th Lord FitzWarin, Justice of the Peace for Shropshire, Devon, & Surrey b. b 1420, d. c 12 Dec 1469
- Blanche Bourchier6 b. c 1438, d. 4 Jan 1483
- Sir Fulk Bourchier, 10th Lord FitzWarin+4 b. 25 Oct 1445, d. 18 Sep 1479
- [S9176] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. V, p. 507/8; Wallop Family, p. 332.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 282-283.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 483.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 665.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 663-664.
- [S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
Children of WILLIAM (LORD) and THOMASINE (BARONESS) are:
1. BLANCHE16 BOURCHIER, b. Abt. 1442, Of, Baunton, Devonshire, England; d. January 04, 1482/83, England.
2. FULKE BOURCHIER, LORD FITZWARIN, b. October 12, 1445.
More About THOMASINE HANKEFORD (BARONESS):
Burial: Church Bampton, Devonshire, England
Title (Facts Pg): Baroness FitzWarin
1. Title: Royal and Noble Genealogical Data
Author: Brian Tompsett
Note: Royals Source File
Parents are: Sir Richard II Hankford, Kt and Elizabeth FitzWarine.
AKA: Thomazin Hanford
Thomasine Bourchier, Heiress, 9th Baroness FitzWarin's Timeline
February 23, 1423
Tawstock, Devon, England
October 25, 1445
Braunton, Devon, England
Baunton, Devon, England
July 3, 1453
Bampton, Devon, England