|Also Known As:||"Timothy O'Roark?"|
|Birthplace:||Bucks County, Province of Pennsylvania|
|Death:||Died in Grayson County, Virginia, United States|
Son of Timothy Roark and Sarah O'Roarke
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Timothy Roark
Timothy Roark was born in Bucks Co., Pennsylvania about 1740 and died June 16, 1811 in Grayson Co., Virginia.
Parents: Timothy Roark b. 1700 in Ireland, d. 1796 Frederick Co., VA and Sarah Parker b. 1707 (second wife of Timothy Sr. was Rachel - see Charles above. Timothy Sr. married Sarah 18 May 1738 in the First Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia PA).
note: Other children of Timothy Sr. and Sarah were Michael b. 1745 Bucks Co., PA d. Hawkins Co., TN or Rockingham Co., VA m. Letitia Grigsby, James, Charles m. Abigail (a Cherokee Indian, see above), and James.
Child of unknown woman and Timothy Roark:
- Sarah (m. John Deskins)
- 1774 William Herbert's Company, Lord Dunmore's War
- 1777 Enoch Osborne's Company
- 1782 Elk Creek militia Company
- 1782) Montgomery Co,, VA personal tax list: 1 tithe, 0 slaves, 7 horses, 9 cattle6.
- Other Roarks in the militia during the RW: James (Elk Creek 1782); Joseph (Elk Creek 1782).
- Charles Roark is in the 1782 Montgomery Co., VA tax list with 0 slaves, 1 horse and 4 cattle.
- Roark family addition: I the James Roark whose wife and several children were killed by the Shawnee in Tazewell county, Virginia early in 1789 a brother of Timothy and/or Charles Roark? After this attack, James and his surviving sons were the deadly enemies of the Indians and James and his son John were afterwards killed at Station Bottom, Floyd county, Kentucky (Harman's station?).
- Biographies of the Men in William Herbert's Company in Lord Dunmore's War (1774) Revised April 2011 (see document attached)
Timothy Roark's Timeline
Bucks County, Province of Pennsylvania
Augusta County, Virginia, United States
June 11, 1811
Grayson County, Virginia, United States