Matching family tree profiles for Gideon Hayden, Esq., of Ebford and Cadhay
About Gideon Hayden, Esq., of Ebford and Cadhay
Most likely NOT the father of John Hayden of Braintree, Massachusetts. (See below).
- Name: Gideon Hayden Sex: M
- Birth: 1586 in Cadhay Manor, Ottery St. Mary, Devonshire, England
- Death: 22 FEB 1663 in Ottery St. Mary, Devonshire, England
- Burial: 22 FEB 1663 Ottery, Devonshire, England
- Father: Robert Hayden b: 1560 in Cadhay, Ottery St Mary, Devo, England
- Mother: Joan Paulet b: ABT 1554 in of Gotehurst, Some, England
- Marriage 1 Margaret Davy b: 1583 in of Ottery, St. Mary, Devonshire, England on 18 JUN 1603 in Ottery St. Mary, Devo, England
- Children: seven sons and five daughters. Three of the sons were William, John and James.
The Hayden genealogy says:
"Gideon Hayden Esq. of Ebford and Cadhay, a worthy and honest man, married Margaret, daughter of John Davy, Esq. They had 7 sons and five daughters. Three sons, William, John and James, came in the 'Mary & John in 1630." 1. (NOTE: disproven by the Great Migration project)
about "Cadhay Manor"
- John Hayden b: 2 NOV 1606 in England c: 2 NOV 1606 in Ebford, Devonshire, England
most likely NOT the father of John and William Hayden, who immigrated from England to Massachusetts on the "Mary and John" ship of 1630.
See discussion here:
(XVI) Gideon Haydon, son of Robert (3) Haydon, owned the estates of Ebford and Cadhay, having succeeded his father, and is quoted as a very worthy, honest gentleman. It is said that the estates of Cadhay have never changed hands except by inheritance for seven hundred years. Sir Thomas Hare, the present owner, received them through the female line from the Williamses, as he himself believes. Gideon Haydon married Margaret, daughter of John Davy, Esquire, of Greedy, and had seven sons and five daughters. Three of the sons were William, John and James. Several of the sons grew to manhood and were living in 1630. Haydons, descendants of this line, are still at Tiverton, and a number having this spelling are in London. The late well-known B. R. Haydon, painter and native of Plymouth, belonged to this line.
Gideon Hayden, Esq., of Ebford and Cadhay's Timeline
Cadhay Manor, Ottery St. Mary, Devon, England
August 17, 1604
Ottery Saint Mary, Devon, England
September 17, 1607
Ottery St,Mary, , Devon, England
September 17, 1607
Hinton Blewitt, Somerset , England
June 23, 1611
Cadhay Manor, Devon, England
September 1, 1612