Matching family tree profiles for Isaac Martin
About Isaac Martin
one of the first 58 landholders in Rehoboth
According to the 1836 History of Rehoboth (Leonard Bliss, Jr., pages 24 and 25) the original purchase of Rehoboth was drawn by sections "...that by which lands, now granted by the Court of Plymouth to the town, is to be divided according to person and estate, as is expressed in this following list:" [Isaac Martin is on the list.]
- b 1591 England
- son of Richard Martin & Katherine Lyde
- married Margaret Ford 1618
- d 1643 Rehoboth, Mass.
Isaac’s wife Margaret Ford was born in 1599 in Ottery St Mary, Devon, England. Margaret died in Plymouth, Plymouth, Mass.
Child of Isaac and Margaret
- i. Mary Margaret Martin b. 1619 in Pontypool, Trevethan, Monmouthshire, Wales; d. 1684 in Taunton, Bristol, Mass.; m. 1640 Taunton, Mass to James Henry Leonard (1621 – 1691)
- The Pioneers of Massachusetts: A Descriptive List, Drawn from Records of the ... By Charles Henry Pope. Page 303. "MARTIN, Isaac. A witness in a Hingham lawsuit in 1639. Rehoboth, prop., 1643."
- "Rehoboth's First Proprietors" 1643