William Uriah Carson
|Birthplace:||Chester County, Province of Pennsylvania|
|Death:||Died in Guilford County, North Carolina, United States|
Son of William Carson and Eleanor Jane Carson
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for William Uriah Carson
About William Uriah Carson
Given name has also been reported to be William Uriah.
- 'Uriah Carson, Sr
- 'Birth: unknown Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA
- 'Death: Dec. 8, 1780 Guilford County, North Carolina, USA
- 'Parents unknown at this time. Uriah was the first husband of Mary Cook; married abt 1765 in York Co PA.
- 'Children with Mary:
- 1) Sarah Carson (1766-1790), m: Byrum Ballard.
- 2) John Carson (1768-1840), m: Abigail Sumner
- 3) Ruth Carson (b: 1770)
- 4) Jacob Carson (b: 1772), m: Martha Horton.
- 5) Bowater Carson (1775-1848), m: Charity Pierce.
- 6) Uriah Carson Jr (b: 1777)
- 'Quaker Records state Uriah married out of unity to Mary Cook, but later he became a Quaker. It is not yet known how he died. This memorial is still being researched.
- 'Burial: Body lost or destroyed
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=82844125
- 'Mary Elizabeth Cook Sumner
- Birth: 1749 Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Death: Mar. 31, 1809 Highland County, Ohio, USA
- The seventh of at least eight children born to Thomas Sr and Mary (Underwood) Cook, Mary married:
- '1) Uriah Carson Sr in abt 1765 in York Co PA; he died in 1780. They had six children, two daughters and four sons.
- 2) Caleb Sumner Sr on 9 Oct 1782 at Toms Creek MH Surry Co NC. They had at least four children, three daughters and one son.
- The family moved from NC in late 1808 Mary was received into the church in Highland Co OH. About 6 days later, she died, aged 60 yrs, of unknown causes. Daughter Amy, who would have been about 16 or 17 yrs old, was not named as received into the church, so she may have been married or died young.
- Encyclopedia American Quaker Genealogy, Vol 5, Pg 215: "As Recorded in FAIRFIELD MM - 1809, 3, 25. Mary & daughters, Mary & Tabitha, received on certificate from Westfield MM, N.C., dtd 1808, 11, 12."
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=82843125
William Uriah Carson's Timeline
Chester County, Province of Pennsylvania
Probably Hanover County, Province of Virginia
December 7, 1768
Guilford County, North Carolina
March 13, 1770
June 23, 1772
January 6, 1775
NewGarden, Guilford, North Carolina, United States
May 19, 1777
December 8, 1780
Guilford County, North Carolina, United States