Walter Rodney, Sir
|Birthplace:||Rodney Stoke, Somerset,,England|
|Death:||Died in (Hungerford, Somersetshire), England|
|Managed by:||Scott David Hibbard|
Matching family tree profiles for Walter Rodney, Sir
About Walter Rodney, Sir
- Walter Rodney
- M, b. circa 1399
- Father Sir John Rodney, Sheriff of Somerset & Dorset1 d. 19 Dec 1400
- Mother Alice1 d. 27 Mar 1426
- Walter Rodney was born circa 1399 at of Stoke Giffard, Somersetshire, England.1 He married Margaret Hungerford, daughter of Sir Walter Hungerford, 1st Baron Hungerford, Sheriff of Somersetshire & Dorsetshire, Speaker of the House of Commons. and Katherine Peverell, circa 1447.
- Family Margaret Hungerford b. c 1412
- Thomas Rodney+1 b. c 1448, d. 1471
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, SLC Archives.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1582.htm#i47561
- RODNEY, Sir Walter (c.1370-1413), of Stoke Rodney, Som.
- b.c.1370, 1st s. of Sir John Rodney*. m. bef. 1386, Isabel, da. of Margaret, w. of Thomas Lyons of Long Ashton, Som., prob. by her former husband Edmund Blaket† of Bristol, 1s. Kntd. by May 1401.1
- In 1400 Rodney inherited from his father six manors, two advowsons .... etc.
- Rodney died on 10 Oct. 1413. His heir was his son John, probably already married to Agnes, daughter of Sir John St. John* of Paulerspury, Northamptonshire, who himself died soon after making his will on 22 July 1417. The Rodney estates then passed to the MP’s grandson, Walter’, who was still a minor in the wardship of Sir Walter Hungerford (whose daughter he married) at the time of the death of Alice Bonville.3
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1386-1421/member/rodney-sir-walter-1370-1413
- Sir Walter Rodney1
- M, #568505
- Last Edited=28 Oct 2012
- Sir Walter Rodney married Margaret Hungerford, daughter of Sir Walter Hungerford, 1st Lord Hungerford and Katherine Peverell.1
- 1.[S37] Volume 3, page 3476. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p56851.htm#i568505
- Margaret HUNGERFORD
- Born: ABT 1413
- Father: Walter HUNGERFORD (1º B. Hungerford of Farleigh)
- Mother: Catherine PEVERELL
- Married: Walter RODNEY (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HUNGERFORD.htm#Margaret HUNGERFORD1
- The Antiquary, Volume 32 edited by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson
- Pg. 223 CHART
- CHILDREN of Cicely Stourton and John Hill
- John, b. 1424; d. Oct. 12, 1455. = Margaret, dau. of Sir Walter Rodney and granddau. of Walter, Lord Hungerford.
- Plantagenet ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families By Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham
- Pg. 407
- 9. KATHERINE PEVERELL, younger daughter and co-heiress, born about 1394 (aged 28 in 1422). She married as his (1st wife) before Sept. 1400 WALTER HUNGERFORD, K.B., K.G., . . . . He was born about 22 Jun 1378. They had four sons, Walter, Robert, Knt. [2nd Lord Hungerford], Edmund, Knt., and Thomas, and two daughters, Margaret (wife of Walter Rodney, Knt.) and Elizabeth. . . . .
- Magna Carta ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families By Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham
- Pg. 442
- 8. KATHERINE PEVERELL, younger daughter and co-heiress, born about 1394 (aged 28 in 1422). She married as his (1st wife) before Sept. 1400 WALTER HUNGERFORD, K.B., K.G., . . . . He was born about 22 Jun 1378. They had four sons, Walter, Robert, Knt. [2nd Lord Hungerford], Edmund, Knt., and Thomas, and two daughters, Margaret (wife of Walter Rodney, Knt.) and Elizabeth. . . . .
- [Publications] - Somerset Record Society
- 1459. ROBERT HUNGERFORD, KNT.
- [17 STOKTON. FO. 133.]
- 22nd April, A.D. 1459. I, Robert Hungerford, knight, lord of Hungerford, of Heytesbury and of Hamelethe, make my will in this manner : --
- I bequeath my body to ecclesiastical burial before the altar of St. Osmund the Bishop and Confessor in the cathedral church of Salisbury.
- Item, I bequeath to the Lady Margaret Rodney, my sister, one image of St. Mary of silver gilt, with my arms under (sub) the feet thereof.
- Proved 7th July, 1459, and administration committed to Dame Margaret, relict of the deceased, and to John Merevyn, esquire, executors named, with power reserved for committing administration, &c.
Walter Rodney, Sir's Timeline
Rodney Stoke, Somerset,,England
(Hungerford, Somersetshire), England
Rodney Stoke, Somerset, England, (Present UK)