Matching family tree profiles for Wiliam Quarles of Ufford
About Wiliam Quarles of Ufford
WILLIAM QUARLES, of Ufford, in Northants, temp. Henry V., father of Thomas Quarles, of Ufford, father of Henry Quarles and John Quarles, of Ufford, gent, who married Amy Plumsted, and had by her:
- George Quarles, of Ufford, Esq., his heir.
- William Quarles.
- Henry Quarles, a priest.
- Elizabeth, married John Norsike.
- Marg[a]ret, married Richard Wingfield, of Upton, co. Northants., Esq.
Links to additional material:
- 'The nobilities of Europe (1909)
- QUARLES. William Quarles [descended from 'William Quarels, Lord of the Barony of Quarles, who came in 1420 from Scotland and settled in Northamptonshire, where he m. Catherine Ufford' of the family of the Earls of Suffolk, and great-grandson of John Quarles, b. in London 1594, a Gentleman of the Privy Chamber to the Princess Elizabeth, afterwards Queen of Bohemia, who came to the Netherlands with her court 1625, and settled in Rotterdam, where he d. 12 May 1662, having m. there 31 Oct. 1628 Petronella, da. of Gerard Van Berckel, who d. there 1 Dec. 1648] was by letters patent of the Emperor Charles VI., dated 14 Oct. 1751, cr. a BARON OF THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE as BARON QUARLES OF QUARLES (FREIHERR QUARLES VON QUARLES), with rem. to the heirs male of his body. His son Pierre Guillaume Louis, 2nd BARON QUARLES DE QUARELS was ENROLLED among the Dutch Nobility under the same title 16 Sept 1815. Title still existing. See p. 34.
- QUARLES. Mr. Willen Quarles van Ufford, b. 1751, d. 1826 [descended from Loderwyk Quarles van Ufford, yr. brother of William, 1st Baron Quarles of Quarles [H.R.E.], see above], was 16 Sep. 1816 cr. by King William I. a JONKHEER [Netherlands], for himself and his descendants. Title still existing. See p. 38.