Matching family tree profiles for Willem Jacobse van Boerum
About Willem Jacobse van Boerum
New Amsterdam Immigrant
- Willem VanBoerum left Amsterdam with his family in 1649 and settled in Flatbush, Long Island, Nieuw Netherland. He took the Oath of Allegience to the English in Kings county, the Province of New York between September 26-30, 1687. Source: Documentary History of New York, Vol. I, p. 659.
- Geertje Hendrickse VAN GOCH - wife of William Jacobse Van Boerum
- View Tree for William Jacobse Van Boerum (b. 1617, d. 03 Apr 1688)
- William Jacobse Van Boerum (son of Jacobus Van Boerum)829 was born 1617 in Burum, Friesland, Netherlands, and died 03 Apr 1688 in Brooklyn, Kings Co. L.I., N.Y.. He married Geertje Hendrickse VAN GOCH on 1636.
- Includes NotesNotes for William Jacobse Van Boerum:
- He was identified as "Actuel Schepen" or Over Seer, and reported the invasion of the town by the British to Peter Stuyvesant in 1664 in Flatbush, Kings County, New York.
- Date born 2: 1617, Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York, USA.829
- Died 2: 1698, Brooklyn, Kings, New York, USA.829
- Immigration: 07 Sep 1649, New Amsterdam, New York.
- Occupation 1: 1662, Magistrate in New York (also 1662 and 1657).
- Occupation 2: Identified as "'Acuel Schepen"' or Over Seer.
- More About William Jacobse Van Boerum and Geertje Hendrickse VAN GOCH:
- Marriage : 1636*
- Children - of William Jacobse Van Boerum and Geertje Hendrickse VAN GOCH are:
- +Hendrick Willemse BOERUM, b. 23 Oct 1644, Amsterdam, Netherlands, d. 09 Feb 1715, Flatbush, Kings Co., New York, Usa.
Willem Jacobs young man from Burum living in Amsterdam marr. Geertje Hendricks young woman from Gogh 3 April 1643. The witness named Stynje Jacobs wife of Roelof Jans is a possible sister to Willem Jacobsz. There is no documentation that Geertje's father was Heyndrick Gerets van Gogh widower van Wees who marr. 22 July 1627 in Haarlem Gritge Jans widow from Gogh. Gritge Jans was not Geertje's mother, because Geerte was clearly born before 1628. Baptismal sponsor is Giertje Heindrix in 1644 and 1645. There is no documentation that she was Geertje's stepmother, Grietje Henricx could be a possible sister to Geertje Hendricks. Marriage and baptisms rec. in Amsterdam stadtsarchief and Henry Macy, Jr. NYGBS record v. 123,#3 1992)
Willem Jacobse van Boerum's Timeline
Kollum, Friesland, Nederland
Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland, The Netherlands
February 5, 1638
Amsterdam, Holland, Netherlands
October 23, 1644
Amsterdam, Government of Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
December 26, 1645
Amsterdam, Government of Amsterdam, North Holland, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, Batavia Republic, Netherlands
Long Island, Kings, New York
Source: Luke, Lorraine M. T. The Roosa Family in North America. (Ulster County Genealogical Society, 1998), p. 11.