Matching family tree profiles for William Andrews, of New Haven
About William Andrews, of New Haven
- Born: 16 OCT 1606; Harleston, Northampton, England (207)
- Died: 25 APR 1652; Hartford, Hartford Co., CT Colony
- Immigrated: 6 APR 1635
- Married Mary Savage (ABT 1629; England (271)
"William Andrews, New Haven, a prominent man, signed the compact in 1639; probably accompanied Gov. Easton. He was first at Charlestpn or Boston: was active in military service in N.H.: kept the ordinary (hotel); one of the founders of the church. Children: William, Samuel, Nathan." (1)
- William Andrews of England came to MA in the 'James' of London 6 April 1635 with-53 other heads of families admitted freeman in Cambridge, MA 1635 - was early settler of New Haven, CT.
- There are two "William Andrews" sets of dates commonly found on the web who married Mary Savage. One born 1596 St. Giles, England, died 3 Aug 1659; the other born 16 Oct 1606 Harleston, Northampton, England, died 25 Apr 1659.
- Griggs, Dan. McNall Genealogy. N.p.: manuscript, 2003.
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700, pub. 1985, by Clarence Almon Torrey "Andrews, Wm., d. 1652, m. 1st wife, Mary ___, d. 1640, Cambridge"
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700, pub. 1985, by Clarence Almon Torrey "Andrews, Wm., d. 1652, m. contract 11 Aug 1640, his 2nd wife, Reana ( ? ) James, widow of Edmund James, she m. 3rd Robert Daniel, 1654, and m. 4th Edmund Frost before 1669, Cambridge. [World Connect database "fiachadhr"]
- The Various Emigrants by the name of William Andrews, born ca 1600 in England, to New England ca 1630's, 1640's.. DNA tests for two descendants of William Andrews (# 2) of New Haven are available. "Google" Andrews62 DNA Project
- History of the Andrews family. A genealogy of Robert Andrews, and his descendants, 1635 to 1890 by H. Franklin Andrews. Published 1890 by W. E. Brinkerhoff in Audubon, Ia. Library of Congress CS71 .A57 1890. Page 24.