William Amos Ellem
|Death:||Died in Ypres, Flemish Region, Belgium|
|Cause of death:||Killed in Action|
|Place of Burial:||Ypres, Flemish Region, Belgium|
Son of Richard Ellem and Susannah Ellem (Dixon)
|Managed by:||Richard Arthur Neary|
Matching family tree profiles for William Amos Ellem
About William Amos Ellem
Recorded by Commonwealth War Graves Commission as follows:
Name: ELLEM , WILLIAM AMOS
Date of Death: 05/10/1917
Service: Australian Infantry, A.I.F.
Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 7 - 17 - 23 - 25 - 27 - 29 - 31.
Cemetry/Memorial Name: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam - Here are recorded names of officers and men who fell in Ypres Salient, but to whom the fortune of war denied the known and honoured burial given to their comrades in death.
The Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing is a war memorial in Ypres, Belgium dedicated to the commemoration of British and Commonwealth soldiers who were killed in the Ypres Salient of World War I and whose graves are unknown.
ELLEM, WILLIAM AMOS
- Rank: Private
- Service No: 1029
- Date of Death: 05/10/1917
- Regiment/Service: Australian Infantry, A.I.F. 41st Bn.
- Panel Reference: Panel 7 - 17 - 23 - 25 - 27 - 29 - 31.
- Memorial:YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL
- Additional Information: Son of John and Isabella Ellem, of Wyan, New South Wales. Native of Casino.